Do you play on instinct?

P

Philwalmsley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who goes on gut feeling when playing when there’s only a few out to payday?

WSMFP1986

WSMFP1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very careful when close to the bubble but there is no way I'm laying down awesome hand, and yes to the question, most people are stilling when it's a bubble, just saying (I have done it to)I just don't have it in me to lay down a good hand

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such a situation, it is better to play with the instinct of other players, the ICM factor will often allow you to increase the stack.;)

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Instinct is very important for a poker player, but overconfidence is also very dangerous for a poker player.
it is better to be cautious

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are the regular your instincts are experience and calculating at the subconscious level! But if you are the beginner your instincts will joke on you a lot :)

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I play very carefully. And I pray to God that does not come to AA, or KK. They scared to play on the bubble. Usually on the bubble big stacks are playing against small and medium-sized stacks and often play with medium-strength hands. And even if you are a favorite before the flop, then the flop or other streets you can lose your entire stack and get into the money.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont play on my instincts so much but look to take advantage of the ones who are. If they are looking at the clock live or just timing the clock online I will push them to grow my stack. To be honest cashing is not my goal but winning the whole tournament is.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
If you only rely on money that you can win in poker, then you are doomed to fail. Better change your strategy.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play careful yet smart when close to making the money. I realize that most people in the tournament are playing to cash at this point, making it easier to bet/steal pots.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gut Feelings

I often play on my instincts based on what I have learned from how other players have been playing at my table. Easy to pick up trends of players and from notes on players I have kept makes in easier to play on my gut feeling on if or not they are "pushing" and bluffing.

Depends some as well on the pay off and what being in the money brings. The higher the amount I would play to 1st get in the $$ and once in then go for the gold :))):D

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Sometimes, it happens that I play intuitively, impulsively, but usually, it ends badly for me. Therefore, it is obvious that any emotions in poker are superfluous.

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I'm mostly instinctual but that works only so far. Been working on adding math to my strategy.

Constantinoleon

Constantinoleon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Constantinoleon

I thought that the poker player has to have instinct. I think that the answer is yes, it is definitely incredible but it feels if your opponent lies or if you think that the best flop will come out

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Instict or intuition is basic for taking decisions in the game, when things are not so clear. This means that almost every time we use our instict to seal our decision.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Occasionally your instincts will be correct, that is not often enough to make you a winner.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The decision will i play anything when i'm close to bubble exclusively depends on my stack size.In every hand that i'm involved i use my instinct.

A

AllinFun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Gut feelings & instinct have been useful in some games I played.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am trying to educate myself to listen to my instinct as much as possible, as 90% of the time when I go against my instinct it proves to be the wrong decision by the end of the hand. But that's just me, not advising others to do the same. As far as the bubble goes, I'm always trying to not pay attention to when the bubble approaches in order to avoid temptation to change my play. I don't want my play to change in any way on the bubble because in my opinion it pays more to win tournaments once in a while rather than just make it into the money more often.

Constantinoleon

Constantinoleon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Constantinoleon

I play because it is a captivating and pleasant game. instinct is gained over time I think all players have to have a little instinct if they shouldn't play roulette

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over time I have really learned how to trust my instinct. The more experience I have the better I can evaluate something both consciously and subconsciously. I've noticed that when it comes to a particular gut instinct that I am better of listening to it. I feel like the more I have played the better my gut reaction has gotten and actually save a good amount of money that way. It's kind of a way to make the right decision when circumstances are usually beneficial but end up giving me the worst of it when the hand is all said and done. But I'll never play on straight instinct

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not let fear take over your thoughts and you will be able to succeed

I believe that the game is based on instinct peculiar only to beginners. If you think for a long time about making a decision, and in your thoughts flash not mathematical calculations of pot odds, outs, but doubts and fear of losing the sweat, then you feel fear .Poker players, for whom the game is the main source of income, do not succumb to the power of fear, they calculate all their steps based on strategy. They do not doubt that their decision is correct, and do not blame themselves if they lose :top:

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowledge of players betting patterns and instincts are key!

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
If you only rely on money that you can win in poker, then you are doomed to fail. Better change your strategy.

I think a better change in strategy would be to not rely on money that you can win in poker :)