Do you play back to back monsters OOP

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do when you get dealt back to back monsters, do you play the second or third in a raw, do you still raise or just fold them?
Suppose you get AQs, you play you win, then AA you play it you lose, then you get dealt KK. are you gonna play it?

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely! I would play the KK no differently than if I had been dealt bad cards the previous two hands. Sometimes opponents will assume that you're just being overly aggressive if you're raising/3-betting/4-betting multiple hands in a row, and you can win a big pot with your KK.

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you always play your good hands. Like above they may think you're overly aggressive and will go with a lesser hand. No reason to play any differently. Can get paid off. Just don't limp and let everyone in the hand with you. More hands in more less chance you win. OOP mix in check raises and donk leads. Just have to feel out your opponents but do mix up strategy. GL out there.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You bet the farm I’m playing those kings... if it’s dealing me hot I’m taking advantage as long as I can.. if it gives me QQ after that I’d play it too :)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play it, these get more value, because they think you are looser for opening so consecutively.

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely, I think this is one of the best situations to have KK. It's less likely that it will find around and you'll get the blinds, but you can get much more value as you'll be called lighter. But with marginal hands I would be more likely to fold as I feel is have less fold equity playing multiple hands in a row. That does depend on whether the previous hand went to showdown though. In your example if you showed the AQs and AA in the previous hands then I'd play the next hand normally, as the table has seen that you're not just raising any cards.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, my guess too. iyo whats the best opening bet with monsters, I go 4x EP, 3xMP, 2.5x CO n BTN.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was sitting there working on figuring out how to play multiple tournaments at the same time. One table I got KK and went all in, as I did not want to be subtle with 3 tourneys going. I beat a person. The next hand at the same table was AA. I went all in and a couple of folks decided they wanted to see if I had it again. It was nice, as I was able to get to the money and not stress playing that many games.

EnigmaTTO

EnigmaTTO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely gonna play it. I think it's more a question of how to play it than if. I think not playing big hands like that is probably just passing up a good opportunity for no good reason. Maybe if I get a monster hand for the third time in a row like in your example I might play a bit more tricky if I felt like I wouldn't get any action, but I think that's really the only thing to think about.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had it. There were tournaments where jj was the weakest of many hands. I played with raises. I played for everything. Winning and losing, winning.

K

Kdp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've wondered about that as well. Also do you go full charge ahead when you have a monster hand guaranteed to win at least the blinds and maybe a caller or two or do you slow play...hoping nobody catches anything but most likely winning a bigger pot?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well especially in S&G, you get a caller with the weakest hand eveeeer.
Lets dissect this hand.
2 limpers, Villain min raise 2.25 button, Im on BB w/ KK PF, 3bet x10 villain calls
7s3h6d rainbow 1/2 pot 2 callers, 2d Check- MP1 cheks, BTN bets 1/3 I Raise 1/2 Pot villain goes allin , river 3s.
Villain had 3d4d. Im down to 9BB. WTF