Do you play A5offsuit

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play A5offsuit in middle or utg possitions? I have hard time with this cards, even if i hit ace i still feel uncomfortable?
What about you?

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do only when there are no big raises going on:0) but most of the time I do fold A5 for that reason the 5 is just to low to be comfortable. Good luck out there

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm at a full table , I will fold unless im the button. If we are down to 6 or less then I will venture out and play it here and there for the right price. 4 players Im playing it everytime

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case ... I do not play A5off in UTG or in middle positions ... in fact I just play it on the button ... or in the small blind with the intention of stealing the blinds, and I always do it and when opponents have an 80% fold to the Steal BB

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you play A5offsuit in middle or utg possitions? I have hard time with this cards, even if i hit ace i still feel uncomfortable?
What about you?

According to most pre-flop charts for full ring tables, you should open with, when folded to:
From UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2 you can open bet with AQo+ , ATs+ and A5s
From the Lojack, Hijack, CO you should open with all Axs and only AJo+
From the BU and SB any Ax hand

I change this only if I am familiar with opponents, if there are some players sitting out etc.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only at the Button or when i'm at the BB against limpers. Honestly you can only be super aggressive if you hit double pairs (if you hit Aces your kicker can cost you a lot). But in late stages is considerable hand to steal blinds and antes when you get position.

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed, usually only from the btn.. sometimes the cut off if its a passive table

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very rare, depending on all scenarios. ( Blinds, stack size, players, how deep in tourney, etc..Must be suited).

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really is a bad desicion, but if the well is favorable you can bet

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the tournament schedule, your position and table dynamic. There is not one standard decision for all the times, sometimes you can even play any cards with the icm pressure.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A5

Even though position is important for this kind of cards I think it is more significant the stage of the tournament, in early stages in the positions you mentioned I would be really careful when playing with those cards but after the mid stage I get more confident with them since I can afford calling a raise and by hitting a 2 pair I can double my stack when playing against a strong hand like AK AQ AJ that only hit the A.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about you?

Since you are asking this question I would recommend not to play it at all. It's god to stay out of trouble with this hand. They are 4 or 5 people to act after you. Fold it and wait for a better hand.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are situations where I may add A5o to my range; but at a standard game, against standard players, A5o in EP goes in the muck.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Even from middle position, this hand is almost always a muck. Unless I see someone’s tilting to my left or playing very tight, it’s a gutter hand. Not worth wasting blinds limping on a generally weak marginal hand.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I open all aces from CO, from MP I start opening from A9o. Suited Aces I open from every position.

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me A5,A4,A3 and A2 are playable hands suited or off suit I don't play A6 A7 A8 and A9 off and Can play them suited. If you start folding these hands early levels you miss a lot of pots especially the dry one were hands like that get better potential against Tight players. It all depends on the board texture and opponents ranges. Don't get too much in the nit side early stages and when blinds are too low to impact your stack.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will fold A5o every time UTG and in early position since this is such a junk hand. I late position I can raise it up if i think there is a decent chance of winning the blind or just going against 1 player "the BB" and expecting them to fold on the flop. The problem with this hand is multiplied when played from early position and i multi way pots. If you flop a 5 you most likely have 3rd pair and how happy are you and if you glop the ace and people start calling you your kicker is really not wort much.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only A10+ because you will often be dominated , but i play every suited Ax.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not recommended. They are cards that put you in trouble. If you hit an ace, for example, Kiker doubts because it is low.

Regards.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A5 is a good hand but I always take the least risk when I decide to play it because I am in position.meme when I touch an AS on the flop.La plupard temp I prefer cheke this hand that can easily make me lose some of my chips.

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only in last positions and blinds, and if there are no more raises early

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation. There may come a time and place when playing A5o OOP is correct. It's common that if effective stack is over 9BB, A5o is relatively weak holding early/middle position.
Under 9BB, the hand enters the shove range and become more playable.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Risky playing it when so many players to play at the back of you and could put you in an awkward position with a raise from them.:):):)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about you?

I do not play ace middle cards in utg or middle position because most of the time it will get trampled by a better kicker.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a pair that sometimes makes you think of a straight A-5 or a flush ace high! Both of them have appeared to me. I try this pair sometimes, yes it is interesting!