Do you just give up?

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I notice that in freerolls and buy-in tournaments players who lose most of their stacks, just give up and go all-in with anything the next hand. For me 99% of the time I don't give up.. To me it's a challenge to try and comeback. How about you?

Of course I've had a lot of practice playing with the short stack. :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
You are right ... I have also seen that behavior in many players ... they do not like to lose and can not deal with it to such an extent that when they feel with little stack they prefer to play everything and go all-in with any hand. .. do not fight or try to wait a bit and try to recover ...!

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice that in freerolls and buy-in tournaments players who lose most of their stacks, just give up and go all-in with anything the next hand. For me 99% of the time I don't give up.. To me it's a challenge to try and comeback. How about you?

Im a victim of tilt too. I knew i was upset about loosing to a flush with a AAA the hand before. This time it worked out well.
Tilt1
Tilt2
Tilt3

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ship or sit out and leave.. I always tag and note these players.. usefull info!

I was giving up before but since I won from 9BB once, I never give up. You never know when someone will shove maybe to rebuy or bluff and use it to grow yours!!!

Keep on the good play!

-TRP-

K

kehila castro valverde

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls. I normally don't give up even if I have a short stack. Especially when the blinds are bigger. All you need is a couple of hands and you are right back in the mix of things.

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One mistake usually to loss and leads, in such cases, it remains only to wait a good hand. I give up usually this fight ner is not for me, nerves.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed this type of gameplay a lot as well

People will lose a huge pot, be left with under 10-12 bbs, and jam any two cards the very next hand

I do not give up as well, and I try to make a comeback

Did it before the other night when I was down to 6BBs.. I ended up final tabling and busted 7th

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes I've come back from small stack and there's always a chance...

I think most players who've used the MIT Training slides will go via their recommendation "When Stack gets as low as 10bb its best to go all-in on better two cards" link to literature HERE

But Don't You Love It When This Happens?

https://www.boomplayer.com/30757143_72DF4442F3

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was in a MTT satellite online where I was all in posting my big blind and then ran it up to a little over a million in chips. Also won a small 35 person live tourney where I had 1 BB left. Never give up and isolate those who do!

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm really upset about it I'll go on tilt and do exactly that.
If I'm deep in a tournament sometimes I'll try and recover.

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never give up. Chip in a chair baby.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the stage of the tournament, and it depends on Bajina tournament. Sometimes just a pity to throw away Bains starting hands to play. At the micro-stakes always see these players. Playing middle limits, I see that the players who are losing most of his stack trying to rebuild a comfortable game stack. And a lot of freerolls which players who do not care cards, they irayut all-rounder.

andi08

andi08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's different with me. When you get angry, it happens quickly to go allin the way. In some exceptions I managed to keep calm. But in my statistics I only made a comeback in 25% of the cases.

Djangofreeman

Djangofreeman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the freerolls I go all in everytime when I'm short stack with any high card and pairs

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello

I have been in this situation a lot too.
Losing a good starting hand at the river and being reduced to a pauper.

But than depending at what stage I am in blinds I react accordingly.

If at early stage I would shove all in with atleast one high card (10+)

But if I am deep than I play with patience and try to fight back.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do this whenever im 5BB and under.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the tournament and stack size. If my stack is under 20 bigs, I'll be shoving especially early in a tournament where the avg bb is over 100 bbs. But not shoving just any two cards.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Numerous times I was a low stack after a bad beat and have come back and made the final table and even won. Never give up, remember a chip and a chair is all you need.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never give up because you're never down and out until your chips are gone. A chip and a chair as the saying goes. If I get a premium hand I do go all in if I'm short stacked in hopes that I double up but I don't just go all in with any two cards after losing most of my stack.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't give up however the other alternative is if you wait too long to recover no matter how good of a starting hand you have too many players calling your small stack therefore minimal chance of winning.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never give up, fight to the last chip. Yesterday played in the tournament, was not initially taken, on the bubble I was left half blind in the end, I not only got the money and went deep in the tournament, ranked 17th.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'll give up my goal even if I lose some chips, I'm looking for my mistakes and concert and I'm going back to the tournament!

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah giving up is stupid you might as well try

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like comebacks a lot, not only my own but also my opponents. Such situations are incredibly motivating, so i wish you all spectacular comebacks! ;)

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can sometimes be a short stack master... i recall a few times i was dead last in chips and came back to win the tournament, If you got patience and wait for the best spots you should b doing well. I got that other side of me tho, i only got 15 bb left and just lost 90% of my stack i must go all in here lol.