Do you have a limit on how many Sit N Go you play for the day?

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I was wondering if timing yourself is actually good for the mental state and to keep things fresh? I play mostly sit-n-go's and each sit takes about 30-40 minutes, right? So if I multi-table 2 tables and end the session at 5 games, 2 hours sounds good enough so I may do other things around the house, errands, and etc, BUT....say I have 4 hours per day to play online poker, say i split those 4 hours and have a session in the morning and another at night? Or would my stats be better at 4 hours straight? :2in1:

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The straight-4 hrs seems quite reasonable. You can stay in the zone longer plus there's a good chance you'll compete against the same players in a single stretch.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got me on "stay in the zone". I totally understand this.

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play probably 2-3 hrs and then quit. I see the same players and will drop out if I tend to see bad beats on the select set of players that I play in those 3 hours. 3 hours is about my limit and do not want to get profiled which can happen in the first 3 hours. HUDS are rapid these days

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most guys on Twitch are streaming for a min of 6 hours.

Streams longer than 8 hours are not unusual.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play until I win a certain large sum or salt everything!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Lately I play SnG 90/180 on pokerstars , I prefer to stop registering after a certain amount of buy ins. If I have to go out or something like this then I will not start a session. I want to be fully concentrated to the game because in those multi-table SnGs the prize is at top 3,so I fire as many tables as I can and most of the times I multitable.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the existing bankroll. For example,I prefer MTT tournaments, although I used to play in SnG.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me 2-3 hours is maximum period when I can be focused and concentrated enough to play SnG ones. Then I feel tired and even bored, it's definitely not good for playing, so I quit.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
10 sit gos

Good morning everyone.
I play 10 sit go per day, with a 15min structure of blinds increase, in this sit that has 90 players, I am always profitable, by the logic I would only have to play this sit but I play other games, from now on I only I will play this sit and cash game until my bankroll reaches a good value.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that after about 3 hours I start making bad decisions and Poker stops entertaining me, so this is the limit for me.

J

Jak0diamonds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got some advice that makes sence "if you lose 3 in a row take a break, there is alot of variance at the sit n go tables" good luck

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sit & go is fun to play, I like to play the 0.25 cents and the 1.50 cents. i usually play 5 or 6 if i'm won ... otherwise on the third sit & go with no results i leave because i start to admit that this is not my day and that other better days will come.

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No limit. But when i am lose 3 in the row i take break.

Last edited:
igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely play Sit & go, unless there are promotions to play several times. I mainly play MTT and cache.

jirasuonna

jirasuonna

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the idea of scheduling blocks, but when the crazy starts building up from a series of bad beats I need time to exorcise the demons. If you are tilt prone, like I am, smaller blocks might not be a bad idea.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No specific limit. But I can tell when I'm feeling a bit tired -- or have a lack of concentration -- or am in a gambly mood. In those cases, I call it quits for a bit.

D

Deedeedurrie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to the sit & go format but I'm trying out a 500 game sample size.

I'm playing 20 a day or more while 4 tabling 5/6 player games.
Usually takes around 2.5-3 hours to do this which seems like a reasonable session to me.

K

KobeisBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Play for 4-5 hours daily. No limit just time limit.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often play around 5 or more SNGs a day...If I'm winning it's great...but if I lose a few in a row I quit for the day to keep form tilting...

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I do not play SnGs anymore, but when I did I must say there was never any kind of a hard limit. I played for as long as I had the time and felt I was playing my best game.

Would end the session when I had something else to do or when my concentration started slipping.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play with a break of 15-20 minutes every hour. So you give your brain a rest and at the same time you can immediately analyze the errors in the past games, this way it is quite realistic to play a day for 8-9 hours, in addition, it does not allow you to fall into a tilt.

And the number of tables at the same time depends on your ability to concentrate, the most important thing is that your actions are not rash and there is enough time to analyze everything. Good luck!:)