Do you ever fold QQ on pre-flop?

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
In which cases can you fold QQ on preflop when your stack is more than 40bb?
Thanks.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
In which cases can you fold QQ on preflop when your stack is more than 40bb?

Thanks.

When a nit raises from early position and another nit 3bet him, probably. For sure you are against AA; KK, QQ and AK

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it has happened to me to throw this preflop hand just before the bubble. it may seem loose but in the end I managed to reach the objective of going beyond the bubble. there are times during the game where it is better not to take risks.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think the only way that I would consider to fold QQ preflop ... would be that I find myself in the bubble and the player (1) 25bb, raise and then the player (2) 50bb, do all-in and I with 40bb would fold ...!

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded QQ preflop a few times. Most were after a large raise and re-raise where I would be in a multi-way pot heading for an all-in. Even if my queens were the best hand going in playing against 3 or more opponents turns the hand into a gamble that could easily cost me my tournament life. I have also done it at a final table where 2 other players had already made huge bets that would most likely lead to a shove and a chance for me to level up when the loser was eliminated.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On 5th bet: raise-reraise-reraise if I have 500 big blinds

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on the positions and types of players at your table but today ranges are much wider then in the past. So its harder to fold QQ under most of the circumstances. Bubble saving yourself you should probably fold, of course if you re not the short stack.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course there are times to fold it pre-flop, but this is a premium hand you need to usually take to the flop.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will if it's on the bubble and there are players left with less chips. Maybe not the best strategy but it works for me. Same reason I would fold AA.

Will also fold if there's a raise a shove and another caller.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how much I have and if I am on the bubble. Q,Q have not been nice to me. To many times a "A" comes on the flop someone increases the bet and I have folded.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When a nit raises from early position and another nit 3bet him, probably. For sure you are against AA; KK, QQ and AK

Or even worse: Someone raise from early position, someone 3-bets, and now a nit cold 4-bet jam for his 30BB or more. You can pretty comfortably put him on AA or KK, and for sure its never a hand, you are way ahead of like JJ or AQ. And since you have nothing invested in the pot yet, you actually have a very easy fold.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens that AA has to be dropped in a very important tournament. If several players have gone all-in before you, it is better to fold a premium hand. Chances to win are few.

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever fold QQ pre flop with too many raises before me. All depends of the context. If i feel Bad or right of my chips.:vollkomme

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never reset QQ
I watch professionals play
they didn't reset QQ either

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can easily throw a hand during the start of the tournament on an all in from 2 players! And of course if I am playing satelitt in the prize zone and Korotyshev go to an all inn!

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on action before your turn. If opponent is super-tight in early position, or you're facing 3-bets or a lot of aggression, you may want to fold. Sometimes your gut just tells you your opponent has AA or KK. You should listen. Forget the stats and follow your instinct.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i should fold QQ in some situations, but i never could. and most of the time i win and sometime i lose to a bad beat. and rarely i loose to KK ou AA.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will if it's on the bubble and there are players left with less chips. Maybe not the best strategy but it works for me. Same reason I would fold AA.

Will also fold if there's a raise a shove and another caller.

I fully support! Once I also threw off AA and was absolutely right! But sometimes you can take a chance, because luck is part of the game of poker)

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never fold QQ as in my poker history I have won so many times with pair Q.. So i will bet/raise in every situation with this two and if I'm re-raised or there is a 3 bet consider that in high value tourneys there is a big chance for they having AA or KK its my personal choice even that I know I can't win every time, but like I said this proved like good option for me. Lets be clear I don't recommend making this move I'm just saying what works for me.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never done that. And this in most cases cost the damage of my stack. Now I'm thinking.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold QQ it s a top pair.GL

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I know the player, then I can drop, otherwise I will play.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

When an ace do to come and do to beat you. Kings a usually more forgiving. Kings a divorce problem anyways.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never, and it has become a bless and a curse hahaha you will never know with Qs :D

Folding in Poker