Do you change your MTT game depending on the format?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all.
Over the years I've read lots of poker strategy.
I would say I'm very much a TAG player most of the time.
Some strategies suggest when playing a rebuy you need to take more chances - loosen up.
However, I find I'm more successful when I play tighter in rebuys.
Turbos I still start TAG and loosen my game based on how many BBs I've got left, so no different to any other game really.
Hyper turbos I do take more chances early doors - any ace/ pair mid - late position and folded or limped to, I'm all in. However, when it's a bigger hyper MTT, once I've got chips I revert back to TAG.
Interested to know if anyone does really change their game & does it work?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am convinced that with time and experience of the game, the LAG style will be more productive
again, it all depends on many factors
on the whole, Phil Gordon’s rationale in his Little Green Book leads the story well. mastered this book with great pleasure. A bunch of useful information that you need to learn to apply in the game of poker
TAG style is more suitable for beginners and for the successful start of any tournament and start in it
Further, it is desirable to change tactics

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have to change the way you play, if it is a turbo tournament, you have to play more aggressively, because if you don't run out of chips.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have to change the way you play, if it is a turbo tournament, you have to play more aggressively, because if you don't run out of chips.

This is my point. I dispute u need to change the way you play unless you're short stacked. You can't win a MTT in the first 100 hands, but u can bust out.
If everyone else is an agressive fish, it follows u should tighten up and only play premium hands.
You're bound to have people with a massive chip lead - the gamblers. However, if u sit tight you've a great chance of catching them. U know they play just about anything and call just about anything. Now and then they catch - I've fallen to 2 donk calls in past two days. However. luck is only temporary and it runs out eventually.
Just my thoughts :)

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in order to change your game as a plus, you need to calculate your bankroll, you need preparation before the game, learn math, and do not tilt when losing

Top 10 Games