Do I have a real chance to get to a main event playing .03-1-.10 cent Satellites?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have play some main event satelities,but some off them have so many layers that is allmost impossible to reach them.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, probably not by playing 0,03 cents sats, while obviously someone will eventually sat through those, chances are so low that i dont think its worth putting your time into, i would maybe start of with a 1/20th of the buyin as a satty or soemthing like that so if u want to play a 100$ tourney play a 5$ sattelite or even 10$ one, way bigger chances and fields are not tough at those stakesl.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one time i win, but lost in the tounement, i ment play. 1.000, and win 1...thats my odds.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
if you apply yourself, play diligently, and with enough luck, why not.
Everything is possible.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is difficult to qualify with a satellite but it can be done with great luck. personally I avoid as much as possible because it requires me too much time and energy to achieve this goal.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible - but highly unlikely.

K

knocker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't take this as an insult, because it applies to me just as much as it does you. If you're playing in 2 cent satellites to anything, you're not good enough to win your way there.

Besides that ladder had about a half million rungs on it. You have to beat a half million people. And every level you go up they get better and better, until if by some miracle you make the last stage, you're sitting with the best poker players in the whole place and now you have to beat a hundred or whatever of them.

Put another 88 cents with the 2 and buy a Powerball ticket. And stop wasting your money on those things.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few days ago a guy made a theme which he wrote that finished second in the satellite which was attended by 5 or 6 thousand. A ticket to the satellite for $ 109 was the one who took the first place. It is extremely difficult, but possible. There are freerolls where you win a full package immediately. In these freerolls luck plays a huge role, I think so. But in the end there is someone wins.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I intend to make through freerolls and I believe that I can. It's just a question of how bad do you want it. How much time are you willing to put into it. No matter how frustrating it can be at times you just have to believe in yourself and never give up. Good luck.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There is always a chance. Anything can happen in poker.:)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Remember you are always converting your time into something. In this case you are playing a lottery to hopefully win a ticket. If you have a different way to earn the ticket price doing something else that costs you less time, you should be doing that instead.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you have a chance, even playing for free. I qualified to Million Dollar Sunday the past year, playing freerolls.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Everything is possible but if the sats are hypers then the luck factor increases dramatically.If the sats are regular speed then I feel it's more likely and maybe doable!

I agree though with the above posters , it is more rational to take some shots with a bigger buy in satellite.Which is the target tournament?

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very possible but very improbable.

As stated, starting at higher satellites would increase your chances.

That's what I plan on doing.

Good Luck!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played like 60 promo freeroll sats to get into the million dollar sunday on ACR got in 3 times. Right now I am grinding step 3 of 6 in the $5 million Venom.

IraiseThePot

IraiseThePot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can i Win the lottery if i play every week? Yes, but the chances are very small.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played like 60 promo freeroll sats to get into the million dollar sunday on ACR got in 3 times. Right now I am grinding step 3 of 6 in the $5 million Venom.

Same, got my Step 3 ticket on Saturday. Just looking for a good time to play it.

To answer the original posters question. Yes absolutely and people have done it. One year I won multiple entries into a main event called the summer classic and I sold the entries haha.

Poker Tells