Discipline in later tournament.

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice that when i play a tournament and after late reg about 1h i have stack about 12k to 20k and i lose my discipline to fold bad hand, im getting a lot of bad cards and start limping with 96s or something like this and lose my stack. And everytime tilting a little couse not getting any good hand to play. What tips you can give?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As it seems you become bored a little bit after some while. I think, there are 2 good things to do in such situations. Either add more tables to keep you busy or start to do really good analysis about the play behaviour of your opponents. Make some notes and do colour tagging them.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message 11'

In the late position you should try to steal blinds from those players who have an average stack and who have something to lose.

vra4a

vra4a

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice that when i play a tournament and after late reg about 1h i have stack about 12k to 20k and i lose my discipline to fold bad hand, im getting a lot of bad cards and start limping with 96s or something like this and lose my stack. And everytime tilting a little couse not getting any good hand to play. What tips you can give?
And figures can become a monster
But in your case, just do not play them ... for this have fold
The map is spinning, wait for your moment

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be helpful to know some more information about why you loose focus when you arent getting cards?

I find that focusing on ranging my opponents even when not in the hand helps keep me focused.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same kind of difficulty. It's mostly because of boredom for me. With online poker it's always possible to open more tables or watch tv. That doesn't work to well in live poker.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is also a big problem for me. You don't get hands and in your mind you think you will keep not getting hands even though the probability of getting AA is the same every hand. This is why I prefer to play turbos because then when I feel like I have to make something happen I don't feel nearly as bad because the blinds are pressuring you to make moves more often.

C

CJWilliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is a virtue in poker. We all have gone card dead at times in MTTs. It's a part of poker. GL at the tables, and try to find some self-discipline.

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if there are no cards, they will not exist, the croupier gives good cards to one player, the robot gives out how he pleases. Do not waste your nerves, immediately go ollin, and then wait for the card.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel your pain

try clicking sit out, and, if you see a hand worth playing click back in before it folds you

that way you are not as tempted to donk it off

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably adrenaline kicking in along with your desire to play pots seeing how big blinds/antes are. But whenever that feeling kicks in, you should always acknowledge first that you're about to gamble away your stack, then remind yourself of the past of how playing mediocre hands to see a flop cost you from getting further in tourneys multiple times. Take a few deep breaths, and fold those crap hands. You're looking for spots to preserve and continue building your stack, not deplete it.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well, I think you've done the first hard part which is to recognize your mistakes. Now, you just need to adjust your play with those weaknesses in mind and start eliminating the bad habits. This might take a few tries for you to rebuild your confidence with your adjusted play style/discipline. Just don't get discouraged. Keep going back to analyzing and fixing what you're doing wrong. The wins will come. :)

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
In the late position you should try to steal blinds from those players who have an average stack and who have something to lose.

Yes, normally I play aggressive and in that way I win chips or I finish out.

I don't enter in a tournament at the end of the registration, but I use that strategy when the registration time is about to end.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play hands like 96s early in the tournaments. You need to play speculative hands early and larger cards late. Download snapshove and learn when to go all in if your card dead

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's a wrong thing to open up your range more if you're sitting with a pretty stack early into registration, but I can understand what you are saying (possibly calling or raising with hands too open/wide even if you have a large chipcount).

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message-9

When the late stage of the tournament you should try sometimes to take the risk to raise with any cards when it is possible to cheat if not then you need to wait. But not long to wait to stack not gone down to 2.5 - 3 blinds when other players will be 10+ then the danger is the fact that you leveled three or more increases, and then even a pair of aces will win only once out of four. It so happens that it is impossible to win or take a place above it is not necessary to get upset anyway if you play correctly at the stage will be in the black impossible to win every time in tournaments.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You have to be disciplined with yourself and not undo your good work. I know it's hard sometimes. I have found my way to tackle this is to start analysing my opponents stats more and watch there play more and make paper notes of stat correlation for each player. Sometimes it really pays off when you end up on a final table and you've got quality notes on half the table.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise more, if you have less than 20 BBs probably is better shove or fold, if you have more than 20 BBs you can raise and fold if someone 3bet. Just call is a wrong play in the most of times, only make that if you have a plan dont do just to see a card.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is the key and if you have anxiety to play hands remember that you can play to defend your blinds while a strong hand appears. Remember to concentrate on your table and forget what may happen in others. Good luck at the tables !!!

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem. It seems like I'm getting bored and start having some fun )))

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to ask yourself, why am I losing discipline? Am I just tired? Do I not have the ability to focus for long periods of time? Is my ability to withstand frustration low by the time the later stages roll in? Am I thinking about whether or not I will see another good hand? When you ask the right questions you tend to find good answers. Sounds like something is going on with the amount of time you can mentally withstand playing a certain style. You can try focusing on setting limits where you force yourself to play with the "disciplined cards" and progressively increase the amount of time you do this for.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tilt is a really bad habit to start

Tilt is not just the big reactions you have. Tilt is also becoming impatient. Trying to win a hand, not staying focused on how to win the tournament.

Players will go on tilt after having won hands and chips. "I am going to crush you all" (not based on superior skill but momentary bravado) is a form of tilt.

"The Mental Game of Poker" books 1 and 2 by Jared Tendler are what you need to read first. It is a deep dive into our thought patterns that cause us to tilt.

Reach out to me if I can help after you have read the books.

:)

Alex1296

Alex1296

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To be patient and wait for good hands there are times in the game when the RNG is against you):D

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes! You have big problems with discipline.Loose players rarely win significant amounts, but sometimes miracles happen) if you're bored, open more tables!