Difficult Decision!

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult decision: - TOURNAMENT, SCRAP AND WIN OF INTELLIPOKER POT $ 500 (BLINDS 200/400) (MTT) ..what do you think of this play, at the end of the hand I lost it because in the RIVER came 9 diamonds and the PLAYER # 2 did FLUSH ... do you think ALLIN should have gone to FLOP? ... in my opinion I think I was inevitably destined to lose the PREFLOP or FLOP, because PLAYER # 2 towards CALL ALLIN, PREFLOP / FLOP, what would you have done on this play?:frown:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-19-14-23-51-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-02-19-14-23-51-1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2018-02-19-14-24-11-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-02-19-14-24-11-1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2018-02-19-14-26-44-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-02-19-14-26-44-1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2018-02-19-14-27-47-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-02-19-14-27-47-1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 37
Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was inevitable that you would both be all-in preflop and the results aren't important. And yes I think 2 was fine to go all-in preflop. He was unlucky to hit the top of your range (until he was lucky again) but AKs is a hand I am willing to go to the matt with if pressed. Look at it from his perspective. He doesn't know you have KK or AA, you could have other strong pairs, or any pair for that matter. You could have AQ or AK. You have to be willing to stack with this hand in a tournament, especially when blinds get high and stacks are short.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was inevitable that you would both be all-in preflop and the results aren't important. And yes I think 2 was fine to go all-in preflop. He was unlucky to hit the top of your range (until he was lucky again) but AKs is a hand I am willing to go to the matt with if pressed. Look at it from his perspective. He doesn't know you have KK or AA, you could have other strong pairs, or any pair for that matter. You could have AQ or AK. You have to be willing to stack with this hand in a tournament, especially when blinds get high and stacks are short.
he has premium cards, and he was never going to do FOLD, my elimination from the tournament was inevitable!!

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he has premium cards, and he was never going to do FOLD, my elimination from the tournament was inevitable!!
Thats a bit fatalistic but yes i suppose you're right if you believe that everything that happens in the universe is predetermined, but I'll take that matchup with kings every time. The universe should be friendlier to you about 75% of the time.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats a bit fatalistic but yes i suppose you're right if you believe that everything that happens in the universe is predetermined, but I'll take that matchup with kings every time. The universe should be friendlier to you about 75% of the time.

if that move had been before the bubble would have hurt much more ... the bubble was just over, but I'm almost bubble guy, luckily it was not like that
😱😱😱😱😱😱

javi12k

javi12k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all-in I would see absolutely fine here. You just got very unlucky, not more to it.

That's poker I guess

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the same thing has happened to many players, it is very frustrating

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
horrific bad luck hope you get some gud luck in future
I already exceeded it !! ... as I have had bad luck in tournaments, I have also had good luck, you should always have a positive mental attitude, your mind and positive attitude also play to your advantage

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on stack sizes with a 2 suit flop i would have been betting smaller because there is a high chance if he calls the flop that he has a draw of some kind then maybe checked the turn to see if it completes in any way, if its a blank river then I'm all in. But once the 9 drops you are behind to too many hands any J,T,KQ or any two diamonds so check and evaluate whether to call on the size of his bet a shove is a definite fold to me.

Last edited:
Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK is a very strong hand and should be played this way.
AK is also a very strong hand, but depending on the opponent and the situation in terms of bet, it should be played more carefully.
We do not know what our opponent has, so let's take it easy on the pre-flop.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is also a very strong hand, but depending on the opponent and the situation in terms of bet, it should be played more carefully.
It is difficult to do FOLD LL in final stays in a tournament, also I was not favored by my UTG position, that is the worst position of a poker table, you can not see the development of the hand

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was it on stars and if so post it on boom and provide a link

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on stack sizes with a 2 suit flop i would have been betting smaller because there is a high chance if he calls the flop that he has a draw of some kind then maybe checked the turn to see if it completes in any way, if its a blank river then I'm all in. But once the 9 drops you are behind to too many hands any J,T,KQ or any two diamonds so check and evaluate whether to call on the size of his bet a shove is a definite fold to me.

was it on stars and if so post it on boom and provide a link
HAEMOPHILE ... I'll explain to you because I think you do not know ... I'm completing a task here on CadsChat and one of the requirements is to use CardChat's probalities calculator

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-20-10-45-08-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-02-20-10-45-08-1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 8
H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope you are right i did not know about this i thought this was a real hand that you had played sorry for my mistake

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips