Are On-Demand SNG or 18-45 person "Tournaments" any good?

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering since I like small 6-max SNG, but also enjoy deep runs in 100+ entry MTTs. I assume on demand is a perfect blend of both.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It obviously depends on, what you want. I have played a lot of 45 mans on pokerstars, and for me its a nice in between tournament format. It lets you experience all the phases of an MTT including final table play, but its still over in around 2 hours, which makes it much easier to fit into your schedule than a large MTT. Obviously a 6-man or 9-man is over even faster, but on PokerStars I have always gravitated towards the 45-180 mans for two reasons:

1) Lower effective rake
2) Hourly breaks

On 888 Poker they dont really have any multitable SnGs, but they have recently introduced an hourly break for all SnGs, which I think is a great idea. In general you need to look at, which games are available on the site, where you are playing, and then find the ones, which suit you best.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They also have nice ones on WPN/BCP that tend to be softer than the one-table SNGs. Just make sure to adjust to the changing payout structure with the number of entries varying.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sngs for 18-45 and 90 players do not look very attractive, because of the payouts. I think we should consider tournaments for 180 players with a buy-in of 50 cents or more. This is a great, deep and not very long tournaments with good attractive payouts for the final table. For 4-5 hours of a game session with 2 open tables, it is possible to play 10 or more tournaments without any problems. If your level of poker allows you to have 40-50% of the game at the final table from 10-12 tournaments, you will have very cool prize payouts. i think this is a really unique chance, well, quite calmly and relatively quickly to increase the level of the game and raise the bank.

i don't know, but i really, really like them. ))

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I was curious about that, too, I have tried, checked other players. Depends on how much time yyou have in a week, what buyin levels you play on, it looks like worthy, especially because of sng rake race, generally rake, what is quiet good in the room what shows you play. If I will have enough bankroll, I am going back to play those on low, medium level, as I also think it is softer than same level tourneys, 1 table sngs.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play 180 MTT SNG than 18-45, due to the prize pool. If I don't prefer to play SNG 6-max just one table.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On 888 Poker they dont really have any multitable SnGs, but they have recently introduced an hourly break for all SnGs, which I think is a great idea.

I have to correct myself here. It says in the tournament lobby, that there is an hourly break in the SnGs on 888 Poker, but there is not. I guess its something, they just missed, when they designed their new software. A bit misleading but not a big deal, and especially not if you know it :)

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always playing PokerStars' SnGs. I started by gaining some change on freerolls, and being playing the SnGs since then to feed my BR. Started playing the $0.25 and went my way up to the $1.5 I'm playing now (using BR control of 2-5% buy-ins). But I levitate among the 45, 90 and 180 players SnGs.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering since I like small 6-max SNG, but also enjoy deep runs in 100+ entry MTTs. I assume on demand is a perfect blend of both.
Of course, single-table sng tournaments are much less volatile than those for 18-45 people. but the prize money is also smaller. in fact, the game in both is not very different, but you will lose a little more often, but doing everything right, all this will be compensated by much higher prize money than in 6max-9max sng