Decision in Cardschat $ 100 Daily Freeroll

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQs is a Big hand,,,and it's a freeroll,,,i would of loved to get it in there. :D There's always another freeroll,,,,

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would have paid, obviously we are seeing the end of the play and not why I say that I would pay, but I think they are good cards and it is a great opportunity to grow my stack, although it is a difficult decision because of the way it is bet, but I think I personally would have bet

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably would have folded but it's hard to say without knowing if the people overplayed their hands that much the whole tournament. There were too many players willing to go all in on that hand. If they overplayed previous hands then I might have stayed in that hand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand - the preflop raise is too small for me there - one limp - i go $90 to punish the limper - action folds around - 4bet takes place and its on you - in any other tournament but a freeroll - its a pretty easy fold with AQs - easy to be dominated by AK or chasing down pairs....

That being said and agreeing that it is by theory a correct fold - if it were me - it is a freeroll....the limper 4betting is likely isolated some weak hand in an attempted to win it outright or build a side pot and get lucky - given its a freeroll and the players are generally loose playing a freeroll - given the action behind you already is say its a decent chance that you could have the best hand or at least enough equity to hope for the win....

All that out there in the open - me, personally - i ship it over the top of his bet...if everyone else joins in and goes with us preflop - sure we dont feel great about it....until we spike that winning card and setup for a deep run :)

They are freerolls, have a little fun, get a little lucky from time to time...there will always be more freerolls.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You need to pay 480 to win 1030 which is about 2:1 pot odds (33.3%). Your opponent limped pre and is now isolating so his range should be something like AX, KJs+ pocket pairs.
Against any pocket pair lower then a Q (JJ- which is the majority of his range, while other possibilities like Ax and Kx you are dominating, and only AK, QQ+ are dominating you), you have around 45% chance of winning. That means mathematically calling is the right move.

If you feel that players behind you are likely to call as well, then you should just shove your hand and try to play against just one opponent. (player in the BB is not as important as his stack is really small).

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a pretty strong fold. You had person in the 6 seat limp before you. You raised to 2 callers before the sb jammed a small stack. Limper re-raises over the jam into lots of action and gets 2 callers behind you. I know it's a free roll so some players might misjudge hand strength but with the limper then all the action after your open 3x I would have expected to see some monster hands the way the hand turned out. I think a smooth call would be weak and in most cases good players would only call you with strong hands. I like the fold but I have lots to learn about the game!

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise is small, avg stack is above 100bb, make it at least 90. Fold or call is fine, fold because there will be better opportunities against all the fish, call becuase you are playing against fish

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would shove or fold.Not raise the way you did.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The preflop raise was way to small and week to me. As for the fold once you have the 4 bet it is an easy fold to me as well. It should not matter if it is a free roll or not, you should always play to the best of your ability. Yes there are people who don't care and as said there is always another free roll to play but this is not the typical free roll. The card chat ones actually pay out as a regular tournament and not just the top ten of 800 players. Also if you look as these players who are just pushing early on many time are gone early even after a double up or triple up. Most players here are trying to learn and improve there game and this is not a way to improve your game. Go check out the standing over the last year or so and you will see many of the same players constantly up there. They are the best players who will play there best game and not just be pushing any 2. They may take a calculated risk at times but again it is a thought out calculated one. One advantage with this free training games you can play is after a few months you could have enough of a bank roll to plays money games as well. Use the cards chat free rolls to your advantage and let the gamblers gamble. Become a shark.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Considering that this is a free tournament, I would just shove all-in after player 3 went to al-inn and player 6 made a bet after at the beginning he limped !!!

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know about this, probably call because it's freroll. But It's not so easy to win against 3 players even with quite a decent hand.

alexKarel

alexKarel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls with this hand, only in all in.. at the initial stage of course.. Reset is also not a mistake against adequate opponents, but such rarely found in all-in at the beginning of free tournaments. Did notice that at the beginning of the Freeroll, I don't want the hand of AA, because it = 85% on the fact that I fly out of this tournament....

alexKarel

alexKarel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ suited, this is quite a good hand, I think that this is the right decision, but judging how they play on Thursdays, this was a bad decision. If you played for money from $ 5 and higher, then your decision would be good enough.
That's the way they play there)) At the beginning of the tournament, the floor of the table is all-in. :eek::stupido3:

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - 100/200 NL (8 max) - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 9.51 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
MP: 12.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 4)
MP+1: 15.35 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
Hero (CO): 11.37 BB
BTN: 34.45 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 4.76, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)
SB: 47.38 BB (VPIP: 7.59, PFR: 3.95, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 81)
BB: 35.12 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)
UTG: 13.5 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)

8 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.3 BB) Hero has A Q

fold, UTG+1 raises to 2 BB, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 11.27 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 11.27 BB, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls 7.41 BB and is all-in, MP calls 8.27 BB

Flop: (45.54 BB, 4 players) K 5 2
MP bets 1 BB, BTN calls 1 BB

Turn: (47.54 BB, 4 players) Q
MP bets 0.13 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 0.13 BB

River: (47.79 BB, 4 players) 6

UTG+1 shows 4 4 (One Pair, Fours)

Main Pot [39.96 BB]: (Pre 18%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)

MP shows Q 8 (One Pair, Queens)

Main Pot [39.96 BB]: (Pre 10%, Flop 4%, Turn 0%)
Side Pot#1 [5.58 BB]: (Pre 10%, Flop 4%, Turn 0%)
Side Pot#2 [2.25 BB]: (Pre 30%, Flop 14%, Turn 98%)

Hero shows A Q (One Pair, Queens)

Main Pot [39.96 BB]: (Pre 37%, Flop 26%, Turn 93%)
Side Pot#1 [5.58 BB]: (Pre 45%, Flop 29%, Turn 98%)

BTN shows 8 8 (One Pair, Eights)

Main Pot [39.96 BB]: (Pre 35%, Flop 59%, Turn 3%)
Side Pot#1 [5.58 BB]: (Pre 44%, Flop 67%, Turn 3%)
Side Pot#2 [2.25 BB]: (Pre 70%, Flop 86%, Turn 3%)

MP wins 2.25 BB
Hero wins 45.54 BB

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here you had just a coin and I suggest you not to get upset, you made a pretty good fold, against several opponents, the ace-lady is not such a strong hand. There was a time when I fold aces preflop.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct solution. After calling preflop raise was that you did not call for a chance, and you would have to fold. But we would have lost to 540 chips instead of 60. The right decision. You need to think about is not how much you have won in one hand, and that it made the right decision.

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess you were right in your decision

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would make a raise on 5-6 BB in preflop I think but in that situation that you was, I would fold also.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
AQ suited is a good hand, but from the way your opponents bet, I would have also fold, I guess it was not an easy decision for you, but it was the right thing to do, even though you won the play, but it's part of the game , this is greatly influenced by your readings and your intuition, this type of plays make you have a better perspective of your opponents and help you improve your game

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figure player 6's call-4bet seemed a bit weak considering the BB's all-in. Player 6 is definitely isolating. You shoving there has the possible benefit of player's 8 and 9 finding a fold. I know we are mean't to be folding there at least 60-70 percent of the time but, this means that at least 30-40 percent of the time we should be calling or raising. Our image is set up for a shove. We were first to raise. Our range may seem a bit wide but, we had the added benefit of a disguised strong hand. My opinion. sorry if I'm wrong.