Critical strategies in Poker

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience and play tight so when you do try to bluff is more believable.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All depends on who you are playing against. My playing style is usually tight and nitty until stacks start to change and blinds raise but if you are playing against a lot of nits then you can bluff more often if they are tight and weak. If you are playing against a lot of aggro players then your strategy of sitting back a little and letting others think you are weak will work a lot. I would try to avoid having one set strategy. Its okay to go into a game with a style of how you comfortably play but if conditions are showing you that you need to deviate from your normal play then you need to recognize that and be able to do so.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the way I like to play is concealed (hand stronger than I let on) and rarely bluff. How do y'all strategize?

I am very similar.

And - usually you get paid.

Unless you trap yourself!

Just make sure you isolate appropriately w AA or else be ready to fold 'em.

Good luck !

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the situation at the table and information about the players,in one case or another, the strategy changes...

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a nice default strategy in soft games, but remember to play the player as others have pointed out. Bluff more if your opponent actually folds sometimes :)

psanto

psanto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
adjust the game

I think that the most important is to know how to adjust your game to each adversary, depending on their characteristics. If you are facing a Passive Agressive player, maybe you should do a bigger raise, or if you're playing against a Tight adversary, it would be good limp sometimes. However, change strategies as the game is going isn't that easy.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In poker, I find it difficult to talk about a specific strategy. You need to have many of them in mind since the game requires an ability of adaptation no other game does. As the session develops, the table dynamics will dictate the proper strategy, it's up to us to recognize it. I guess that's what makes some players better than others...

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
solid, patience, knowing how to value bet depending on your opponents chip stack and the cards in front of you. know how to go against aggressive players as well as tight passive plays.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Crical Strategies in Poker

Hello.
I agree concerning patience. I am a firm believer in "Tight is Right". It has proven itself time and time again. Everybody has their own range and tendencies. Observation is very important as mentioned. Good topic. Good luck with your poker!.

Dan'O

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To portray a bluff, you must understand and remember how you play when you really have a given hand, you should not bluff where you would never have the card that you are trying to bluff.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree your strategy makes sense but when you hit a bad run of cards you won't have anything to conceal. Hopefully your tight image will now let you bluff more than you planned. If you don't try the bluff route you'll go on bleeding chips with those garbage hands. And, if you are getting occasional good hands and your strategy is working don't forget to mix it up with different betting patterns. If you don't the players will adjust to you and most likely play back at you with their own trapping style.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of strategies for the game. They are all different. Every player at the beginning of the poker path, tries a lot of options (this is normal). It is impossible to assume that one player's strategy will be good for another player's game. Each player must determine for themselves the best version of the game. In online poker, it very much depends on whether you play using an analytical program or not. In live poker, it depends on your skill at the table and your ability to make the right moves in difficult situations.

Of course, there are average definitions for the game. Such as: do not play if you have 2-7 or make huge raises in a stupid position or if the table is very aggressive players. I think to determine the strategy, you need to properly study the table for the game and take the basic (but not all) rules and recommendations for playing poker ;)

dimasps12

dimasps12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I do like to think as David Sklansky sais: "No-Limit Hold'em allows you to explore the weaknesses of the adversary stiles beting the right values to induce them to make mistakes".

So, mistake here means that the player played differently of how he would play if he was seeing your cards. In this case, against a tight player you need to suppose that he or she has the best hand pre-flop. In this case, you must control the sizing of the bets , to control the pot size because doing this you may be able to be aggressive against him or her on the turn and river, if you have a flush draw or a straight draw forming. Remember, tight players starts with a range of best hands, but they will constantly fold if they see that, after the flop they do not have the nuts anymore.

Of course you should play with connectors and flushes and not only pocket AA, KK or any other premium hands.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the way I like to play is concealed (hand stronger than I let on) and rarely bluff. How do y'all strategize?

You have a good strategy. Recently, I play as I can without thinking about the result.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make a bluff as in the previous answers they have mentioned , you need information from the opponent and choose the correct situation. This will give you a greater chance of success but only that because as in any poker hand a bad reading and you can say goodbye to your money or stack

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

GTO based with global exploits for the most part.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may only bluff against an opponent who understands the game and is able to fold.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends how many like you are sitting at the table. Lol. Actually, I also stick to the notion of orbit position play, strategy will vary.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy 101: Stay balanced and play your range.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
tight is right is the 100% right thing to do, because they always call you super light and can't be bluff

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on the actions of opponents, the texture of the board and the size of the effective stack.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
estrategias en el poker

Hello, it is good to have a strategy but it does not have to be rigid because sometimes you are going to lose more than necessary. I think you should apply it according to the circumstance of the game

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that winning back is a critical strategy, if you lose a certain amount, then it’s better to stop for today. If you try to win back, you can lose everything