Creating my bank: freerolls

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, these are some of my latest results in freerolls. A few weeks ago I always end up escaping first place, and it is something that is disturbing me a little. As the tournaments are weekdays at night, the final table usually lasts until late and as I work from early in the morning I usually get tired of the shotdown, wanting to finish the tournament faster than anything else. I understand that, on the contrary, to arrive at that situation should be the moment in which more patience should have. It's easy to say and recognize it, but doing it is different. I think that I may be rushing into these situations and making incorrect decisions. Has anyone else had this loss of first place several consecutive times including having a chip advantage more than considerable? I confess I am a little frustrated by this situation when I think about the prize dollars that I lose because I do not handle myself correctly

I enclose some screens, this one is from yesterday:
xGmB2a9.png
And this one two weeks ago going out 2nd in an 888poker tournament and 3rd in the partypoker again
RJKNfLk.png

qNZmC8v.png

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still really solid results, you should be proud of those! I think the most helpful thing for you to do is really study heads up play because it's a lot different than most other parts of the MTT format and strategy. Unless you have a considerable chip lead (like 5:1 or something crazy like that) you can easily lose the lead in HU, so make sure to study that because it looks like you obviously know how to get there. Good luck!

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Like that guy said above me, you should get familiar with HU game strategy - in order to improve your winning play! Even with 3 or 4 players left in the tourney, you have to widen your range of betting, because the field is reduced enormously! hands you would usually fold during the tournament, could decide your final placement. My latest win is not such good example, as I was behind before flop, on flop and on turn, too - but could explain what you have to do when 2 remains to decide the winner: https://www.boomplayer.com/26018937_ED1986F737

At this point, when you are only two left, you should not through away any good looking hand - as I did in this particular hand. The luck will never touch you if you do not chase it :)

A

aleogura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i NEED TO PRATIQUE FINALS TABLES and HU! =P
whenever I get to the final table I lose chips unnecessarily, but I'm getting better with practice! =)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I still need to practice Heads Up, especially live - getting used to where the button and blinds are is difficult enough! Ha Ha Then yes you also have to open your range - you can't sit back and wait for AA, KK The blinds will kill you. I'm also struggling with when I should call the BB in the SM with a bad hand based on pot odds alone when playing HU.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's terrible bad luck. So i think that u have to train ur HU and short tables. And good luck for u and ur doing

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still really solid results, you should be proud of those! I think the most helpful thing for you to do is really study heads up play because it's a lot different than most other parts of the MTT format and strategy. Unless you have a considerable chip lead (like 5:1 or something crazy like that) you can easily lose the lead in HU, so make sure to study that because it looks like you obviously know how to get there. Good luck!

You're right, I think that despite everything they are still good results and I focus only on the bad. I will try to improve my game HU. Thanks!

Like that guy said above me, you should get familiar with HU game strategy - in order to improve your winning play! Even with 3 or 4 players left in the tourney, you have to widen your range of betting, because the field is reduced enormously! Hands you would usually fold during the tournament, could decide your final placement. My latest win is not such good example, as I was behind before flop, on flop and on turn, too - but could explain what you have to do when 2 remains to decide the winner: https://www.boomplayer.com/26018937_ED1986F737

At this point, when you are only two left, you should not through away any good looking hand - as I did in this particular hand. The luck will never touch you if you do not chase it :)
Well, in the last HU for example I went to bottom with 44 post flop when I was sure that my rival was not wearing anything and I found myself overpair AA. I guess I just chose the wrong time. In general, I lose my hands to play more loose than usual in these situations hurrying the outcome of the tournament. So I'll have to study more about HU strategy

I will continue playing freerolls and upload if there is any progress
thanks to all

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In ACR on demand freerolls, a disproportionate amount of the money is tied up in first. Fortunately for me so far, I have never failed to win when I have reached HU. It hasn't hurt that I have usually started with a 2 to 1 chip advantage!

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one more time in CC freeroll but happy because it came from a regular week

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If little time on the game then why sit down to play and think about how quickly to finish

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If little time on the game then why sit down to play and think about how quickly to finish

Absolutely right! Either play just for fun, or participate in weekend tournaments. It takes a lot of time.

Freeroll Passwords