Crazy multi allins

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering if people have had crazy multiple all ins especially in the super turbo freerolls. I have 2 examples.

1. On the river I had the stone cold nuts (A high flush). I was last to act and 3 people go all in before it got to me. Loved it!

2. I went all in UTG with JJ (about 10 BB left). Full 9 player table and had 4 people call my all in. Amazingly they all had AKo. Quintupled up.

Anyone else with crazy stories of all in madness?

S

ss51734

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls i feel like people will call lighter early just cause it dont matter if they lose or not idk thats just me

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls and turbo tourneys, it always happens. Seems like people don't even know there's the 'fold' button just next to 'call' and 'raise'. On some tables, it's absolutely useless to raise 3-4bb, no one will fold and there will be multi-way pot anyway. I play turbo tourneys at william hill with buy-ins of 0.50 or 1 euro every evening, and mostly people are crazy and wild there, like it's a freeroll. Even though they get deep stack in this tourneys, it's often a push/fold stage from the beggining, there's almost no postflop game.

At some tables, it's better to push a big hand by yourself and not make an open raise (cause it'll be a multi-way no matter how much you raise). If you go all-in maybe at least some of those smart guys will be able to fold. Sometimes it can be annoying to play this crazy tipe of poker, but if you win you win a huge pot like you described, you can increase your stack x5 in one hand, no wonder.

Players can insta call your shove for about 60bb or even more with something like KJs, Q6s etc in these tourneys. Some times I see less crazyness at ACR OnDemand's than at these turbo's.

Turbo tourneys increase bad players' amount for sure.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hyper, turbo and freerolls increase the amount of bad players.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say rebuy tourneys (not freezouts) do it too, but not that much. When a player knows he can rebuy he starts playing as loose as possible.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in free tournaments you will always see those all in and more if they are turbos, the need to make quick chips makes people commit crazy things, some of them work, but that is how they are free

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies but you’re missing the question.

I know people are crazy with freerolls and that’s not what this thread is about.

I’m wondering if you’ve seen interesting occurrences when multi people are all in like my examples in op.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first buy-in tournament I binked (I had won freerolls before) was a hyper turbo. I late reg with about 20 min left and got delt pocket aces first hand UTG. I shove because stacks were big and blinds were high. I got like 6-7 callers and won! First hand went straight to the chip lead and closed it out. It was nuts! Like a dream! 8]

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies but you’re missing the question.

I know people are crazy with freerolls and that’s not what this thread is about.

I’m wondering if you’ve seen interesting occurrences when multi people are all in like my examples in op.

I see something like this a lot, often. Especially on ACR OnDemand's and WHP turbo tourneys. Just because of people's behavior described above. Such situations are no wonder if you play these tourneys a lot dude. ;)

T

thackro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens all the time in free rolls, frequent player points and low buy re-buy tourneys. AA not so great when 5 people call, almost rather have suited AK. Maybe even complete garbage so I can just fold, lol.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely true

In freerolls i feel like people will call lighter early just cause it dont matter if they lose or not idk thats just me

This is definitely a truth. It is easy to say screw it and try to outdraw someone early rather than play solid poker for all of the freeroll only to have 2 or 3% of the field paid out... Screw it!

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen in freerolls and play money games 6 people go all in on the first hand. Once 2 people have gone all in, unless I have the nuts or second nuts post flop or a hand like AA, KK or QQ pre-flop, I just let the hand go.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
there are many stories, since those tournaments are always like that, many want to make quick chips, others simply do not care about anything

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering if people have had crazy multiple all ins especially in the super turbo freerolls. I have 2 examples.

1. On the river I had the stone cold nuts (A high flush). I was last to act and 3 people go all in before it got to me. Loved it!

2. I went all in UTG with JJ (about 10 BB left). Full 9 player table and had 4 people call my all in. Amazingly they all had AKo. Quintupled up.

I have a similar story to your first one.

I had I think 6s7s in a multiway pot with probably 6 others. Had a gutshot to a straight flush on the flop. Turn came 5s giving me an 8 high Straight Flush. I played it cool and called a small bet that everyone else had called. The river came Jack of Spades, putting 4 to a flush on the board. Literally 4 people went all-in before me and of course I snapped called to win a huge pot. The guy holding the ace of spades must of just been devastated.

Another time i remember was during a NL2 cash game. I had AK of hearts and the flop came up with a flush draw. Someone went All-in and I called, another person called behind me. All other players flipped over Suited Hearts and we all missed the flush draw. I won the pot with Ace-High.

Last edited:
Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Full table allins are almost no fun. No skill, no suspense or skilled guesswork. It is interesting though.

I am playing in NLOP's 6 level $10k freerolls right now, those happen all the time in level 1.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had pocket aces last night in a freeroll tournament. I was all-in preflop with 4 other callers and the aces held up.