Crazy Monster Hands

N

Newguy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in a Zoom tournament yesterday. In the first half hour I had a full house beaten by four of a kind, TWICE! Twenty minutes later I eliminated two players when I flopped a straight flush. Crazy!

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wild stretch of hands, I've had a Royal Flush vs Quads. It sure makes the game more exciting.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going from regular tables to Zoom can feel a lot like going from live poker to online poker I think. You play way more hands per hour, and therefore the spacing in time between rare outcomes like these is less. Which makes it feel like, they occur more often, when in fact it is the exact same RNG, which deal the cards on the Zoom tables and the regular ones.

N

Newguy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going from regular tables to Zoom can feel a lot like going from live poker to online poker I think. You play way more hands per hour, and therefore the spacing in time between rare outcomes like these is less. Which makes it feel like, they occur more often, when in fact it is the exact same RNG, which deal the cards on the Zoom tables and the regular ones.

Totally agree. Didn't like the Zoom format. Too manic to enjoy the game.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't like the zoom format of the tournament... I don't see any interest in playing this format. This game is all in or for which of the opponents luck was better when the cards were delivered to you.. You are waiting for the best hand or playing all in with pictures..

Sometimes I get into a zoom in satellite and I have to play it.. But I've never been high up there..

I've seen a four of a kind or Royal flush in zoom much more often than a normal flash not in a zoom game. I think this is logical, because everyone is sitting and waiting for a great hand and it seems logical, but the zoom game looks stupid to me and absolutely not interesting. Probably because you can determine the range of the opponent's game in advance... I prefer to avoid this kind of game..

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve never flopped a straight flush that would be so easy to play if your playing with fish.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course this is unusual. But it is not so important what combination you have collected, it is much more important that the opponents paid for it in full.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wild stretch of hands, I've had a Royal Flush vs Quads. It sure makes the game more exciting.

I had a royal flush beating quads once. I think I posted a screengrab of it. It was Omaha though.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’ve never flopped a straight flush that would be so easy to play if your playing with fish.

Here is a straight flush from the freeroll tonight. The guy made it on the turn. The losing hand went all-in as well. Sometimes you should give an opponent credit for a hand; he doesn't even have the top straight.

Attachments

• flush.jpg
    flush.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands