Constant all in preflop early

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all. I’ve been noticing a lot lately that there is almost always one person at my table in a MTT at micro levels who goes all in every hand from the start. I’m wondering if there is some kind of study that supports this? My thinking is that no one is going to call all in early unless that have AA and maybe KK. So he keeps scooping up the blinds/antes and soon has a nice bit more than anyone else. If he get called now he’s covered and he can pressure other players post flop. It usually only occurs for a round or so. Is this a new strategy?

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me guess.

The player going all in is russian.

That's Standard micro MTT for ya.

It almost feels like they know what the board is going to be and they always get their outs on the river.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im noticing this too. hmmm... bots?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They're just trying to double up quickly or bust and rebuy. It's a strat at buy-in levels that are I significant for the players involved.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me guess.

The player going all in is russian.

That's Standard micro MTT for ya.

It almost feels like they know what the board is going to be and they always get their outs on the river.

Lol... I see many such players from brazil, argentina and for some reason Romania. :sheep:

In fact, some newcomers play this way on microlimits, simply because they cannot play otherwise. Press the button and put all the chips seems to them the easiest solution, because most often they will see "all fold". And even if they are called with a good card, they still have a chance to get good cards with any two. If successful, such a player will terrorize the whole table further. In the case of departure - just go to another tournament or rebuy.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just be Patient, they usally bust within a few minutes
it's no strategy, it's just Bingo

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard play. Doyle Brunson wrote about a lady who played in a wsop with 0 experience. She was coached to go either fold or go all in with certain hands. She went pretty deep (this was way back when) so I guess that is a tiny case study that doesn't really prove anything but may shed a little light.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Yes it is a horrible strategy in the long run, but certainly more noticeable over the last few years. I hate it. I understand it when it gets later in the tourney by someone holding all the chips but in the beginning it makes me crazy. I can only hope that it happens only in small stakes but I haven't tested the theory as of yet, but I am getting close to trying.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all. I’ve been noticing a lot lately that there is almost always one person at my table in a MTT at micro levels who goes all in every hand from the start. I’m wondering if there is some kind of study that supports this? My thinking is that no one is going to call all in early unless that have AA and maybe KK. So he keeps scooping up the blinds/antes and soon has a nice bit more than anyone else. If he get called now he’s covered and he can pressure other players post flop. It usually only occurs for a round or so. Is this a new strategy?

You think micro players would be the first to pick up on a new and profitable strategy? lol its bad play and gambling. stick to the strategys you know.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, this is the kind of player that I like to play on my table in an MTT, they usually end up leaving all their stack and you can win many chips with this type of player, this I do not think you can call a strategy, always I have considered them to be recreational players who do not care about the money invested in the Buy-ins and that is why they play that way

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the responses. I figured as much but wanted to check and make sure I didn’t miss something as I was away from the game for about 6 months. Still frustrating though.