Choosing bounty builders or... not?

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing on pokerstars for some time, and for the past few years, i was inclined to choose the bounty builders over any other type of MTT tournament. It's always about the idea of getting back at least the entry money, but it's suicidal at certain points, when you get called by every bozo with $$ signs in their eyes, and you find yourself out, before you know it.

Of those of you who played different types of MTT's, would you choose a bounty builder over a Big, or Hot MTT?

P.S. I really don't wanna open another thread, and since it's related to MTT's, would you say that you have better chances in any MTT tournament if you pay the full entry fee, as opposite to you winning an entry in a sattelite or shoutout tournaments? I'm not saying it's a thing, or a pattern, but i for one, have survived longer (most of the times) in a tournament when i paid the entry than if i had won it.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too am a real fan of bounty tournaments. It is more suited to my aggressive preflop playing style. even if at the moment I do not spend a lot of time for paid tournaments. I will always tend to choose this type of game.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already tried it, but usually it's a slow game, it takes to much time to get to the final table. But sure that is fun going after the one that already took plenty of other player's bounties.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's ;like agame of cat and mouse. You eat somebody and then they eat you. I have played a couple of these games, but like he said earlier I have been beaten by players who should never have been in the hand, but hooked the river. One guy even wote me on chat and said you have to stay to the end with Pokerstars. Never works for me though

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bounty builder

I love this tournament I’ve been playing for long time the structure of the tournament is made it perfectly for aggressive players I love the idea to every 16 level up the start to a slow tournament so at the beginning everyone rush to doble up quickly at the end all players play very tight and aggressive. I love 55$ bounty.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm not a fan of bounty tournaments, but if I've played them, sometimes I think the problem is when the players concentrate more on the bounty than on the game as such, one day I won a $ 109 ticket and I played it in a bounty builder, it was the 1st time I played that kind of tournaments, I just tried not to concentrate so much on the bounty, even so I eliminated 2 players and managed to earn a little more money, despite not being a fan of them, I think they are good because they can help you to recover the entrance by eliminating players and you can earn more than the investment if you only get to itm, of course the ideal as it would always be to win the tournament

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a fan of bounty tournaments, but if I've played them, sometimes

Thank you for your answer, and i appreciate your opinion, but the question was, would you choose bounty builders over other types of MTT's? Say if you had 55$, and if you were to choose between a Big/Hot/wsop 55$ MTT and a 55$ bounty builder... which would you be more inclined to choose, and why? I know you could play several 5$ MTT's or split it so you can play more than just a single tournament, but for the sake of the argument, let's assume you won't.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was avoiding them when they appeared. As an example I was choosing to play big 4.4 instead of BB 4.4. Now I'm choosing the bounty builder 100%. People tend to call much more my nut hands. The only problem that I have with them is that I tend to make some lose calls myself.

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah well, bounty builders are tricky, and are played on a luck basis by a lot of players. I spoke with some, and they said they're 100% in them strictly based on luck and embracing the never-fold concept, being happy with just recovering the entry. If they hit the money... even better.

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way is mixing it up. Why you have to choose between KO or standard MTT . The game is fun anyway , I’d like to play both ��

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Нокаут интересен тем, что может сразиться с бай-ином, даже не попав в призы, турнирный год 2017

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 10
O

ocl07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty Builders have one important advantage. Most players play for bounty and it's give you advantage in long run. Thanks to this, you've a lot of situation 70/30, 80/20.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive heard streamers and pros talk about the added value in pots due to it being a bounty. im not sure on what that amount is or how i should try and add that calculation into my ranges/play. i havent seen any place that goes over it very well

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is actually a format of tournament that if you are a tight player you may want to try, just keep in mind players will be uber aggressive.

You dont really want to fall too far behind in this format though as half of the prize pool is reserved for bounties and you cant claim any short stacked.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a lot tougher game when its like having a target on you where everyone wants you and the bigger the target you are with a Big bounty the more they want you, and more aggressive they will be.