Choosing a Tournament

I

igloo66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What factors do you consider before choosing an online tournament?

Is it just the buy-in, the guarantee, the 1st place payout, the structure, the type of tournament (NL hold'em, Shootout, Bounty, etc), the time you have to play, or something else?

Just curious as what peoples preferences are when choosing.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it is the late registration I am looking at 1st. I gate some of the new ones with 4 hours late registration. While I understand why the sites do this I have a job and cant play 7 hours games during the week. Always play no limit.

Just wish the sites would put a freaking freeze out in once in a while during the work week.

I

igloo66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is the late registration I am looking at 1st. I gate some of the new ones with 4 hours late registration. While I understand why the sites do this I have a job and cant play 7 hours games during the week. Always play no limit.

Just wish the sites would put a freaking freeze out in once in a while during the work week.

I get the time commitment aspect, do you ever look at MTT Sit'n'Go's with start when the full number of players have reg'd? Like a 180 player on demand type game?

If you get a moment perhaps you can do this quick survey for me, thanks :)
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Q38W95N

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my case I choose it depending on the time the tournament can take, so I prefer turbo tournaments

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me, the initial stack and the speed of growth of the blinds are more important, it is difficult to play micro tournaments if the growth of the blinds is fast, players start pushing everything indiscriminately from the first hands increasing the dispersion and the game goes without a right to error.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like when a tournament has an extended late registration, i think that's what i consider the most important.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
majority of ACR tournaments are 4-5 HR LR

i like to play the mid buyin dailys that have good GTDs

$16.50 $40-50K GTD for example