Check to the raiser?

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found myself losing a lot doing this and it doesn't seem to work much. I just seem to remember preflop raisers continuing betting after flop more. Lately it seems to always backfire. As an example lets say you A 10 in bb and have decent stack. Button raises typical size say 2.5x bb. Would you 3bet? Lets say we just call and flop is JQK rainbow. Do you lead out. What if not rainbow and there is flush draw. I just always felt like I should let the preflop raiser bet and check raise but seems lately they check and end up hitting. Like say they have QKs. Do they cont bet on that board. Do they not worry about possible straights and maybe check back to get free turn. That's what seems to be happening to me. Then board pairs and I have to worry bout fh. Do you guys think its better to just forget about checking to preflop raiser and go ahead and bet when you hit? Thoughts?

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you call somebody's preflop raise and hit the flop, I've come to a conclusion that it's ok to donk and then keep betting in order to get value from worse hands or to protect yourself from better combinations. Just don't let the opponents play thier own game, make it yours, with your rules.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way I see it when you do hit a hand but its not the nuts I still check it for pot protection in case their flush hits. I feel poker is about limiting damage and capitalizing on the nuts.

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with marginal hands in the BB it really depends on the position of the initial raiser. you could be dominated by AJ+ so a 3bet is really throwing chips away. If you run a HUD and the villian has been aggressive then a 3bet with a nice size cbet is acceptable. It's all situational really and your own table image comes into play as well.