Check this if you play MTTs

T

The horse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to try to prove to myself that I am a good poker player based on the tournaments I won. If it was an expensive and difficult one, it meant it was good.

With time, confidence and maturity I learned that a WCOOP, Sunday Million, Grand or Supersonic does not make me a good player or a bad player.

Winning the Grand does not make me better or losing for 5 months makes me worse. It just doesn't mean anything! because I know that I am good and that is not linked to the circumstances or results in the short term. By my preparation, my study, work and decisions in the game I know that I am good.

And that's where true confidence comes from. True confidence is born when we stop judging ourselves and doubting everything we do. You are not your results, nor do your results define who you are.:)

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi friend.

I agree with what you say. Being a good poker player is not defined by winning a great tournament or by your results in the short term.
In fact I play mtt and it would still be too early and irresponsible to say if I am a winner or a loser (when the time comes I will look for myself in sharkscope).
Winning a great tournament can be a caress for your self-esteem and your ego but it does not make you a champion.
In life it is exactly the same, the results in the short term do not define you (it is no use helping an old woman to cross the street if you do it once a year), what defines you is regularity.
I hope the idea is understood because my English is not very good.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I understand it, participation in the tournaments you listed requires more than one entry. Even if you pass through freerolls or satellites. And it's not a fact that the first time you get a decent win.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree, you are not your results, nor do your results define who you are. But at the same time, it depends only on you what these results will be. If you feel that your results do not depend on you, then you are simply avoiding responsibility for your own life.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Own your sh#t,,,you are what you do,,, :cool:

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are right, but for me the real confidence came when I began to intelligently distribute my bankroll, without being distracted a step left or right.