Chasing flush villain

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's say I flop top pair with good kicker and 2 suited cards on the board I bet and villain raises all in. A lot of the times villains on a draw how do I play this because I have seen this so many times? Please help thank you

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the blinds but I usually er toward a call toward smaller stack sizes, larger sized stacks I find usually just want a donk call and have a pretty solid hand.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If I put them on a flush draw I’ll usually find a call as long as they’re not too deep and I think it’s just the flush draw and not a combo draw.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remeber that the flush may not be their only option. If your top pair is, say, a pair of Js or Qs, your opponent could be holding AKs and the flush draw, meaning they have 6 outs more than you are putting them on. If he has such a hand, he knows he is behind, but he also knows he has several outs and the shove is definitely not a bad move.

If you call, you are not making a bad decision statistically speaking, but you should think about ICM.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is a difficult hand to play because usually there is always someone with a pair and a mediocre kicker that won the hand or a donk that goes to a draw that ends up putting the pieces together to earn you from nothing to much I would not play it with much be careful because many times you do not stand up I like to complete my projects before risking everything although sometimes there is no other option but to push all the chips good luck greetings:D

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how many blinds I have. If I have 50 BB I'm probably folding. If I only have 20 BB, I'll probably call with top pair, good kicker. I'd also be careful with developing a generic strategy in this spot. If I'm playing versus a very passive opponent who isn't check/raising their middle or bottom pair, I'll gladly fold

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top Pair vs a Flush Draw w/o overcards is about 60/40 so you are ahead in this situation so its not a bad spot. But you could be up against a combo draw or additonal outs that you dont know about (Say villian hit a small pair and can improve to two-pair or trips)

Anytime you see a wet board and face an aggressive raise or re-raise you will sometimes be against the draw. Assuming the pair I have is not vunerable to overcards and the straights are not also present on the board then this is a call for me. Otherwise probably fold. I try to avoid marginal spots like this.

A

Avvavva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remeber that the flush may not be their only option. If your top pair is, say, a pair of Js or Qs, your opponent could be holding AKs and the flush draw, meaning they have 6 outs more than you are putting them on. If he has such a hand, he knows he is behind, but he also knows he has several outs and the shove is definitely not a bad move.

If you call, you are not making a bad decision statistically speaking, but you should think about ICM.

agreed!:cool:

Full Flush Poker