CC $100 Freeroll hand, what you would do Push/Fold?

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You could minraise hoping to steal if there's some history between you and the BB (ie you've folded a few BVB or folded the odd open button) I'd just fold.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too deep here for pushing with 16BB imo. It is not a terrible shove by any means, probably slightly profitable even, but you should wait til you have a couple less BB before shoving this spot.

ICM should not be considered until you are much closer to pay jumps aswell.

2.5 - 3x open-raise from SB is prefered here as you maintain good fold equity and do not want to give good odds for the BB to defend with random crap. Limp from SB is also acceptable.

Definately never folding here.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I would like to see the tournament lobby. Judging by the size of the stacks, it is likely that the game is close to the bubble. This means that pushing with such a non-powerful hand can be unprofitable from the point of view of ICM.

In other cases, a good game would be a raise to 2 - 2.5 BB, with a fold of aggression from the villain. Or by continued call in case he calls.

To say more is not possible, because we do not know the history of this player. We need statistics to determine its range and reaction to our actions. Without this, we can only stick to the general plan.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's not an all in spot, your stack isn't in danger so no need to be pulling the trigger yet. Whether it's a raise or fold is subjective to the read you have on the other player. If he is unlikely to defend his blind or defends it super wide then maybe a raise. If he defends with a tighter range but more frequently it's probably a fold, as although your stack isn't in peril raising 3x then loosing on later streets will be damaging to your stack. Not a fan of limping here as unless you hit king on the flop your having to fold to any aggression.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold with this hand. K4s - not the hand with which I would do Push. Especially when the opponent has a bigger stack than ours.
16-bb in CC-tournaments is almost an effective stack. I have long said that the structure of these tournaments is wrong, this structure is only suitable for a tournament in which no more than 45 people participate.

IraiseThePot

IraiseThePot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For 15BB it's a push, for 15-20BB it's a limp-call raise.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You have to many chips to push all in here. I would raise it but not push at this point. As is your most like way ahead of his range and why push and make it an easy decision of weather to call or fold here.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation, I would fold. I think that with a stack of 15 BB it’s better to wait for a strong hand to push.

Last edited:
J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is good to push in this situation,because you are in position ,and i think K 4 is not that bad in a Heads Up

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s all depends of what kind of player villain is. If he folds a lot, then raise, but if he doesn’t, then I would really think what will I do. For me all in is out of question, because he has bigger stack than you, and if you win, he is still in the game. So my point is, don’t mess with bigger stack without really good hand, because you can be easily out of the tournament.

T

The Driller

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
push

yeah pushing is the best way ever
From looks of this there is most likely no icm as most likely not itm with those stack sizes. Push is definatly not in my playbook. Depending on what you know of other player a blind steal raise is a possibility or fold.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FOLD because you are covered and also your hand in not too good for shove with the blinds you still have.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why would you even think push in this situation? why risk your tournament life on a K4s? If the villain has been playing soft ill try a min raise or 3x raise for a steal, or even just call and see the flop. But im not going to get in a coin flip or worse with K4s. granted he may fold to a shove but you gain 450 chips risking 3800. If you are thinking shove with K4s i doubt you table image is tight so a call may be more likely. IMO

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're correct that the only choices are push or fold. Raising to 2.5 BBs might work to induce a fold but if the BB calls now what? If you miss on the flop do you continuation bet? If you check a bet will force you out. If you bet and get called and the turn doesn't help you end up in the worst possible situation. So push of fold. With 16 BBS I think you only need to consider how close you are to the money. If you won't get there by folding every hand then I think the correct play here is to shove.

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd shove - certainly if the blinds are going up soon. Others are talking about BBs but the real number you'd be looking at is your M - that's the number of rounds you'll survive based on the blinds + antes.

This is close to 7 and you still have fold-equity now. Your hand is better than 50% of the hands as well so even when you get a call this is plus EV.

Here's a discussion of M on CardsChat: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/count-stack-size-in-m-bbs-180045/

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shoving seems the only right move, though when I run stuff like this is ICMIZER it seems like k9s is good for 9-10bb shoves so 14bb might be a little heavy but putting anything in the pot and have to fold seems wasteful.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would see a cheap flop but other than that don't invest too much this hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker