Are Cardschat Freerolls Worth Playing?

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had the opportunity to play the CC freerolls as a Freeroll Club member for about 7 months now, and I would like to share with you, my CC friends, some insight.

I like these freerolls. I like them a lot. Why? It's simple. For a poker rookie like me, the most important thing is practice. Granted, one could practice using play money on PS, or playing the $50 freerolls on ACR. But the CC freerolls are different. The players are better.

In my opinion, CC freerolls are the closest thing there is to a buy-in MTT, without spending your own money. And they are not easy to win. Many new players join the Freeroll Club and give up after a while, disappointed by their results. You know why? Because they joined the Freeroll Club for the wrong reason. They were the ones benefiting the most from the freerolls because of playing against a field of superior players. Their poker skill growth curve would have been steeper than the other club members' who were actually going past the bubble and getting into the prize money.

Playing the freerolls for almost 7 months now, I started to have an idea about who the better players are, and I'm happy when I see them sitting at my table. I prefer threading water against these superior players than swimming past players of lesser skill than myself. I learn way more, even though I get into the money less often.

So in my opinion the main benefit of CC freerolls is not playing against a smaller field, but from playing against a field where the opponents' average skill is higher and you have to dig deep and give everything you've got just to survive.

That's the real difference between CC freerolls and the other freerolls available to us. Playing good freerolls should not be looked at as a way to make money or build a bankroll, but as a way to learn the game and gain experience for free. Building a bankroll from scratch should be perceived only as a welcomed side effect of becoming a better player.

If you are interested in CC freerolls as a way to make a quick buck to lose at the microstakes tables, I guarantee you'll be disappointed with your results.
As for me, I personally consider the CC freerolls a more effective way to improve my poker skills than any poker school. Also the League games, I'm learning a lot playing those as well.

In the end, I would like to give a shout-out to some of the players who joined the club more recently and keep busting me out of the freerolls: 300HPGOD, AllenKll, WhiskeyFix. You guys are all better players than me, and I am learning from you every time we play against each other, so thank you and keep it up!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So this is writing in the rhetoric, yes? :biggrin:

Just to bust your balls (and because I'm fond of your quirky ways), treading* water... :wink: :love:

CC games are very worthwhile to play, for a whole host of reasons*!

*Depending who you are, but I'd argue the social aspect could make them worthwhile even if your BR rendered the prize money inconsequential.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% worthwhile. I’ve been able to build my bankroll playing CardsChat freerolls. I also find the competition much better than most other freerolls as you have less all ins every hand and more actual poker playing. Definitely helps increase your skill. And of course most of the bunch are very friendly to play with as well.

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There isn’t really a downside I can see in playing CC free rolls. You get practice, play against good players and you have a chance to win some money.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Its really worth it as yes playing vs good players will make you better in the long run. I have not played many freerolls since I came back, but I know from few which I ve played that many are very good players

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice post

and thanks for the message.
I'm with you and hope the best.
I'm learning for play and read.

Tanks to CC and nice hands.

See ya @ the tables. Bye...

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any game that you can win dollars without risk is well worth playing in my opinion and the backbone to my weekly poker schedule,
CardsChat games always well worth playing every delicious dollar counts,:eating::)
A big regret for me is that I can only play half of the CardsChat games Monday to Friday though due to a forthnight rotating work schedule.:(

Last edited:
MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any game that you can win dollars without risk is well worth playing in my opinion and the backbone to my weekly poker schedule,
CardsChat games always well worth playing every delicious dollar counts,:eating::)
A big regret for me is that I can only play half of the CardsChat games Monday to Friday though due to a forthnight rotating work schedule.:(

100% agree

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, because you are going to bank first and then you are practicing and developing strategies to then execute it at the highest levels of the game, but the forum will always help its players who do not have the skills to play.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, because you are going to bank first and then you are practicing and developing strategies to then execute it at the highest levels of the game, but the forum will always help its players who do not have the skills to play.

I can't agree more. First you need experience playing poker, then little by little you can play in higher stakes, post your Hands in the fórum and rewiew them.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't agree more. First you need experience playing poker, then little by little you can play in higher stakes, post your Hands in the fórum and rewiew them.

Yeah agreed also on ACR at least the CardsChat freerolls have reasonable payout structure like around 15-20% get paid so I think it’s worth it. I have yet to place but hopefully we both get in the money! It’s a great place to practice tips and advice on this forum.

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy ACR freerolls. Sometimes they rotate between NLH and PLO and the freerolls are the only time I get to try out PLO.

Though I would cation against treating freerolls as a way to build skill. A lot of the players tend to all-in all the time due to the freerolls being zero investment.

cidul

cidul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like you thought and appreciate expressing your feelings. Good luck, I am sure you will become a better player soon to really make some money from these freeroll. Keep playing:D

Z

zedesq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played in a LOT of freerolls in the past decade and generally do well but very easy to develop bad habits for "real" tournies. Perhaps others can shift gears and play differently but mostly freerolls are only for fun.
Love PLO freerolls.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
They will become worthless after i finally win one. Until then who knows.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking forward to it

I've had the opportunity to play the CC freerolls as a Freeroll Club member for about 7 months now, and I would like to share with you, my CC friends, some insight.

I like these freerolls. I like them a lot. Why? It's simple. For a poker rookie like me, the most important thing is practice. Granted, one could practice using play money on PS, or playing the $50 freerolls on ACR. But the CC freerolls are different. The players are better.

In my opinion, CC freerolls are the closest thing there is to a buy-in MTT, without spending your own money. And they are not easy to win. Many new players join the Freeroll Club and give up after a while, disappointed by their results. You know why? Because they joined the Freeroll Club for the wrong reason. They were the ones benefiting the most from the freerolls because of playing against a field of superior players. Their poker skill growth curve would have been steeper than the other club members' who were actually going past the bubble and getting into the prize money.

Playing the freerolls for almost 7 months now, I started to have an idea about who the better players are, and I'm happy when I see them sitting at my table. I prefer threading water against these superior players than swimming past players of lesser skill than myself. I learn way more, even though I get into the money less often.

So in my opinion the main benefit of CC freerolls is not playing against a smaller field, but from playing against a field where the opponents' average skill is higher and you have to dig deep and give everything you've got just to survive.

That's the real difference between CC freerolls and the other freerolls available to us. Playing good freerolls should not be looked at as a way to make money or build a bankroll, but as a way to learn the game and gain experience for free. Building a bankroll from scratch should be perceived only as a welcomed side effect of becoming a better player.

If you are interested in CC freerolls as a way to make a quick buck to lose at the microstakes tables, I guarantee you'll be disappointed with your results.
As for me, I personally consider the CC freerolls a more effective way to improve my poker skills than any poker school. Also the League games, I'm learning a lot playing those as well.

In the end, I would like to give a shout-out to some of the players who joined the club more recently and keep busting me out of the freerolls: 300HPGOD, AllenKll, WhiskeyFix. You guys are all better players than me, and I am learning from you every time we play against each other, so thank you and keep it up!

I am trying to qualify for the free rolls on Sports Betting. I have yet to do so. I hope to soon and very much look forward to stepping up my game.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
show me the money

I do appreciate that most players on the cc free rolls are a bit more serious than any of the random free rolls we find,
although i have found myself doing crazy moves lately out of covid boredom,
so i imagine im not the only one that does crazy betting just to get through the day.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each sandpiper praises its swamp. We are on the forum, which means we are either members of the cardchat freeroll club or we are striving to get there. This is our sacred cow and we will milk it.:D

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always participate, too, but the participation number is small with about 100 people, isn't it?

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to say exactly what the author is talking about in this topic, but I think he speaks very accurately and correctly! :) Lol

I fully agree that our poker community is the strongest in the world right now. This is a huge achievement of the entire project administration. The work they do is amazing! :) Today, there are great guys here who are nice to sit at the table with :)

There are people who kill your nerves (but, it's not men) Lol.. :))

The main task now and further is the development and maintenance of our favorite forum :) What say about the level of play of the guys, it is certainly quite high, and to experience it yourself is great and the best tutorial on poker as the author says, this is absolutely true! :)

If answer the main question of the topic, is it worth playing? Of course-Yes! :) Good luck guys ;) good training Lol ))

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely

Any freerolls you have access to are worth playing in my opinion. Period. If you're playing poker and have the time, why not enter free tournaments on the side? It's free money!!! Now I understand if the 1st place prize is 0.5% of your bankroll, it might not be worth it anymore, but at that point you should be playing real buyin tournaments and raising your roll that way. I'll never turn down a chance at some free money, and one of the most satisfying things in the world (if you have patience) is starting a new account and building a bankroll completely from $0.00 without ever depositing money onto the site.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Cardschat freerolls are always worth it, apart from the extra benefit of the money, I remember the 1st time I played the freeroll, I remember thinking: ok, there are few players, let's gradually see how it is (at no time underestimate the fact if there are fewer players it would be easy to win) and in the end he was right, just by playing once you can see that there are many good players and that there is quality, whenever you ask me I say that it is a good place to learn

Freeroll Passwords