Chips
what to as the blinds keep rising?

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pick your spots carefully and use position to your advantage... if you can steal a round of blinds/antes, in position, you can sustain any stack level, but also grow if you get action, of course win too. That's the key, just win. :)

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a tough spot, but it happens ALL the time. We can never influence when we will get the cards nor when we will get cold decked.

Dan Harrington wrote some good advice on tournament poker, and it includes some tips/tricks on short stack play. Some say his material is out dated, but i disagree, especially with regard to short stack play.

Hopefully you are calculating how many more hands or orbits (Harrington calls this "M") you can play with your current stack. With this information, you will know your actual desperation level. There is an inflection point where on one side of this point you have enough chips to make others fold if you go all in, and on the other side of this point no-one is afraid of your stack and will call any time you shove. Once you have crossed into the dredded "no-one is afraid of my stack" zone, then yes, you must win. At some point you are going to shove with any A, or any pair. You should see an A about once in every 8 hands and a pair about once in every 17 hands. With this knowledge you can determine how patient you want to be with the rest of your chips.

Good luck!

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't try to play marginal hands as long as you have 15BB+. If you bust with the best hand preflop, don't feel bad, that's just the way it goes sometimes. The worse thing you can do is start opening wider and then getting into tricky postflop spots, compounding the issue.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not much wisdom in this situation.You will get called period.So its up to you to see this before it strikes you and to try to go on to the draw with maximum best hand that you can.Good luck.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Write here a lot of interesting ,worth listening to:)
Steal the blinds on the middle map, not permanently .If the blind grows very fast, especially if it is a Freeroll, probably even to steal will not work..

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Card dead happens to me too.
More then 15 bigs I wait it out.
10 or less I have a wider range if I'm first to act and I just push 10 or less.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Push hard and commit your game, hey your going out any hows so going hard and losing isn't important unless your close to the bubble maybe? collect then ram :)

You can't wait for premium hands all day and miss the boat when they come !!

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
expand the range of hands...
a lot of books and videos on this topic on the Internet...))
:cheers: