Originally Posted by PBG789
Simple answer is that 200 hands is far too small a sample to base anything on as you need to run 10000's of hands for stats to really hold up. That being said 4 pairs in 200 hands is a little low. Here are some pre-flop stats for you:
Probability of being dealt:
• Any pocket pair: 16 to 1 (5.9%)
• Two suited cards: 3.25 to 1 (23.5%)
• A-K (Big slick – suited or offsuit): 81.9 to 1 (0.9%)
• Any single ace: 5.7 to 1 (15%)
• Pocket Aces: 220 to 1 (0.5%)
• Pocket Aces or Kings: 110 to 1 (1%)
And, just for fun, the odds are 87,897 to 1 (0.01%) against you not being dealt an Ace or a pair for 50 hands.
Now this is some straight forward and concise information, thank you.
Yes, I realize that 200 hands is a very small sample, it just happens to be roughly how many hands I played that tournament. Either way this is extremely helpful so thank you again!