Can't open Black Chip Poker

LeonardBuda

LeonardBuda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys I've been struggling to open the Black Chip Poker software for the past 3 days. Is anyone aware of a problem? It just says "Checking for new version" and then the dialog box disappears but the software doesn't launch...

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play there,
But just in case you are running windows 10 (or 8):
Did you try to restart (not stop and then start) the computer?
W10 has a strange bug that can block specific functions, sometimes only a single website, very often it's network related.

LeonardBuda

LeonardBuda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play there,
But just in case you are running windows 10 (or 8):
Did you try to restart (not stop and then start) the computer?
W10 has a strange bug that can block specific functions, sometimes only a single website, very often it's network related.
I've tried everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I'm using W10. All I need to know is if the problem is only with me or if everyone is experiencing it. You say I mustn't play there, may I ask why? I'm obviously missing something

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I'm using W10. All I need to know is if the problem is only with me or if everyone is experiencing it. You say I mustn't play there, may I ask why? I'm obviously missing something
Sorry, very misleading form my end, thanks for asking.
I intended to say that "I do not play there". 1 character made a lot of difference.
But I do not have a single reason why, I just never looked at black chip poker.
I do sometime experience (very) long delays in upgrade by other rooms.
My impression of the delays I've seen is that they are caused by download server bandwidth limitations, but obviously no proof...

I guess the obvious: "is it not accidentally block by your firewall/anti virus?" you already checked.

Then...
- uninstall the client,
- use something like cCleaner to remove garbage,
- restart,
- use something like cCleaner to remove garbage again,
- download client
- install
would make sense

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack