Calling All-ins

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many BB advantage do you need to call an all-in confidently with any playable hands?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are you talking about cash or tournament here?

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
How many BB advantage do you need to call an all-in confidently with any playable hands?

Hey
I would go all in only if I have more than double the stack of the second highest on the table.

Otherwise only if I have AA or KK preflop.:)

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many things to consider when considering calling allins

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of a question that has many answers. All Depends on the situation.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would need to have 5 time bigger bankroll than my opponent off course presuming that we are playing regular speed tournament.For example if he has 10000$ stack and i have 60000 i would easily call his all-in hand with any hand that i have.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I understood from the question, I will respond as follows:

End of tournament, I have 20BB meeting any opponent 3BB or 4BB going ALL-IN I paid being the BB, with T9 Suit hands between other hands.
There are innumerable answers to your question, a player in TILT going ALL-IN all the time A9 I paid his ALL-IN.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In an MTT the range is much wider for making an all in bet than calling one.

P

pgreezie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Things that I would consider:
- How early/deep are we in this tournament?
-- Am I playing to win or playing to cash?
- Is it possible this player tilting?
- What position am I in this hand (i.e., who is after me)

Depending on the answer to all of those (which need to happen within 20 seconds probably if this is a MTT online) along with the hand that I have, that's how I would decide.

I

imanewfie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering the same thing when I read yuor question. the reply seems logical

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tournament I prefer not to CALL if someone with more than 40% of my chips goes ALL IN, instead if it is an All IN of another player that has a size less than 40% of my chips then I do CALL only if I am in last positions and if there are few players in that hand, with an acceptable hand.
Otherwise I prefer to keep my chips and play good hands only, at least until I get to the winning spots.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling all in preflop is a whole different game than calling all in post flop, regardless of chip stack advantage/disadvantage. Playing style of your opponent is also a big factor when deciding to call an all in.

But the general rule is: if you have the nuts or demi nuts, you should call.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it is so much about my chip advantage . I mainly consider the blind level and whether I can still play my style if I would lose the hand . But firstly I think about the villains range and whether I feel I'm ahead preflop . A coin flip is one thing , but going in way behind is another .

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling all in preflop is always hard decision, no matter if you have AA or 7-2. Pre flop all in mostly going a gamblers not players and ussualy they have more luck than you and they crack your AA with theirs 7-2 getting 777 on the flop :D