Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final table.
4 players left.
Blinds are 3.000/6.000 ante 750.
You are the big stack with 91.000.
The rest are 67.000, 50.000, 48.000.

Nobody is willing to play a flop, so its a constant shoving and folding.

You are in the sb with :ks4::10h4:. Utg with 67.000 shoves. What do you do?

Do you fold waiting players to bust each other and make an easy payjump or do you call expecting to multiply your chances winning the tourney if K10 wins?

Calling a shove with K10 in this situation its the standard move or not?

I called and lost to AJ. Shortly after I bust 4th

Last edited:

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait a hand,might be all youu need..

Final table.
4 players left.

Do you fold waiting players to bust each other and make an easy payjump or do you call expecting to multiply your chances winning the tourney if K10 wins?

You played very well to get where you were. K10o I would fold that hand, you have stack to wait for better than k10o. But you may have an overriding feeling you had "it", you were killing it to get that high up the ladder.

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With blinds that high I'd probably fold to someone else's shove if they are shoving fairly infrequently but shove k10o to blind steal/when I have to.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is a fold for me all day. If you call you can be very dominated and you don't want to lose 2/3 of your stack this way. That being said, if I was the button, SB or BB your going all in would not be the worst idea in the word. Being first in the pot all in with this hand is better than calling in this situation Do also remember that K 10 off is not a very strong hand.

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's more based around if you have position I believe. With position you can represent even stronger than K10o but still you have outs as backup.

J

JordieChloe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the big stack I would fold this. Let the smaller stacks knock each other out. KT not very strong, not worth risking going from big to short with.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As other members have said, I think this is a definite fold here. Calling a shove with KT os is totally different than shoving into someone with KT. I think you make the laydown and wait for a better spot.

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not the strongest but...

I would fold kt os every time to a push, even though I like the hand. kt suited I might give it a go.Also, it depends on the player and his tendencies. Gotta go with your gut on every thing.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a VERY easy fold for at least a couple of reasons.

1) The shove came from the 2nd biggest stack
2) What exactly is your hand beating here ? Their range is very likely ahead of yours. 22-99 are all slightly ahead, TT-QQ have you in bad shape, KK-AA have you destroyed. Many broadway combinations have you dominated ( AK, AT, KQ, KJ ). Even an Ax is slightly ahead here.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
You played it well, bad luck he had AJ, at least was a coinflip.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Easy fold here , because you are not the last player to act plus as a previous poster well said you don't want play flips against the second bigger stack. Chose carefully your spots and let them kill each other or apply pressure to them in order to have a call for their tournament life ;)

On the other hand KT open shove by you against the second bigger stack is almost standard.Different dynamics.
Now I will reveal the spoiler :D

ps.Do you have a HUD?

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy fold here , because you are not the last player to act plus as a previous poster well said you don't want play flips against the second bigger stack. Chose carefully your spots and let them kill each other or apply pressure to them in order to have a call for their tournament life ;)

On the other hand KT open shove by you against the second bigger stack is almost standard.Different dynamics.
Now I will reveal the spoiler :D

ps.Do you have a HUD?

I never multitable so I prefer not to spend money on a HUD.

Opinion of regular members like you and dealio always matters a little more than everyone else. So I now know that it was indeed a wrong move. I thought that it would be too nitty to fold K10 here, and from all the constant shoving there was going on that they wont always have pocket pairs or better broadways. I thought she could shove with a dominated Kx suited, or QJ or even J10s and I wasnt dead against a pocket pair either. If I was wrong I would lose half a stack and still be in the game. But even if I was dominated it would be still a flip and I could bust her and making the payjump by myslef instead of waiting for others. Plus I would have enormous chip advantage to win the tourney. I tanked and clicked just before clock run out cause I was thinking to just fold and wait others to bust.

I should have waited instead. :(
Thank you all for your answers.

Last edited:
Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a negative ICM play to shove with K 10os.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
ICM with ITM here is unprofitable. This is not standard move, becouse all players have same push stack and our ICM is adverse. We should take this into our range and fold. I like play here loose open push. If I see only that villain likes very loose open push with more 45% range, only in this I call here.

Last edited:
A

AAbyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my action fold, in that situation, but much depends on the opponents

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me is a easy fold. I think you was be waiting a premium hand for shove all in. With KTo you is dominated for many hands. Other way, depending on the position/action check-fold or check-call.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think ICM would dictate that you fold here. If you look at the composition of the stack sizes you are better off waiting for a better spot - why go from first to worst with K hi.

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KT I would not risk those cards, I would expect a better hand

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play good and have bad luck to the table

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for a better spot

Final table.
4 players left.

100% wait for a better spot.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly. You might shove w/ KT but never make that call unless you're desperate (or super lucky).

W

WillaIsAway

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold here. but shove into BB with K10 from SB if eveyone else folds. If you're in a shovefest where everyone is shoving wait for a premium and watch them crash and burn with their KQ vs your AK

P

petalms2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There surely has to be a better spot to risk that many chips. You only have 15 BBs to work with. Making a move with KTo is a thing, however to call of your stack with KTo is another. If you fold there you'll surely get two more cards even though if you lose the hand your not out. You sure would be crippled.