Call or fold in this situation?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mates, what would they do in this situation, SB complete the bb, then check-check on the flop and turn..
The villain makes a small bet, and I make raises to 6500, the villain push.
I thought a lot, but decided to fold.
I did not have much information about the villain, because I have not played much against him, but he is a good player.
If I was another type of player, I would have called.

Attachments

• acr.jpg
    acr.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 88
micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s probably a good fold. The shove looks strong after your reraise, unlikely to be a bluff and A + weak kicker would probably just call the raise.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would fold too.
The arguments for the fold as follows:
-Stack size.
Don't think he got such amount of chips through loose manner of the playing. Looks like TAG player with well ballanced game acting appropriately to his position, situation and number of chips.

-Defending the small blind.
Based on the foregoing, if I were he, I would complete BB with such a hands as JQ, with any small pair up to TT and maybe with A+8,9. Proceedding from this assumption, having nuts on the flop/turn, I would wait for check raise till the end.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely the opponent had a full house or a straight with a jacket and a lady. More than that depends on how important this tournament is to you.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it seems like it was a good fold. Even if you a brilliant player you would've still folded. It seems like he was trying to get you to call all your chips and you might have lost. It was a good fold.

T

tscheniizu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would also agree with the fold.

Don't see a bluff here, too expensive.

Worst case in which you could have called: It was three-of-a kind asses and he didn't see the straight here.

Any other cases - Higher straight, maybe full-house (A8, A10, TT, 88 is not unusual to play!) - justify the fold. :)

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably snap call, then kick myself for being so stupid and not thinking. Though with that board and all the potential good hands I'm not sure why he would shove A's over, I'm sure you would of called a good value raise, maybe 15k, you prob would put in another 8.5k at that point.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
possibilitiy of a full house with A8 or A9 is there.. also a higher straight with J7 suited.. chances of A10, QJ or pockets 8s, 9s, 10s or As are low (but still exist) here since flop was flat called without previous raise.. playing a freeroll.. but deep like that in the tourney..stacked like this, practically doubling the second stack of the table..

I call it a nice play!.. I would also be an add to my "Good ol'fold" category!

-TRP-

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A fold in this situation was probably the best thing to do but the way I've been playing the last few days I probably would have called and been upset. I'm going to reevaluate my game plan so I will have more discipline to fold in similar situations.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely the opponent had a full house or a straight with a jacket and a lady. More than that depends on how important this tournament is to you.
All tournaments are important to me, I always try to play well, even if it's a freeroll. :)
Would also agree with the fold.

Don't see a bluff here, too expensive.

Worst case in which you could have called: It was three-of-a kind asses and he didn't see the straight here.

Any other cases - Higher straight, maybe full-house (A8, A10, TT, 88 is not unusual to play!) - justify the fold. :)

possibilitiy of a full house with A8 or A9 is there.. also a higher straight with J7 suited.. chances of A10, QJ or pockets 8s, 9s, 10s or As are low (but still exist) here since flop was flat called without previous raise.. playing a freeroll.. but deep like that in the tourney..stacked like this, practically doubling the second stack of the table..

I call it a nice play!.. I would also be an add to my "Good ol'fold" category!

-TRP-

I did not think he had many A T-9-8 or TT 99 88 because he would have made an open raise.
I thought maybe he had 76, but it was very expensive to see his cards for a draw.
later I thought that he could have J7 or QJ.:rolleyes:
Fortunately, the player was friendly and showed me his cards, otherwise I would have been tilt for the rest of the game.

Attachments

• acr2.jpg
    acr2.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 74
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the fold is good, there is probably not much he would reraise you with that you could beat. In freerolls, villians often river overbet with missed value.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he either made a boat or trips with that much at stake i fold only way i call is a) im itm B only 20% of my stack is at stake

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had just checked, it would make the fold an easier decision.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All tournaments are important to me, I always try to play well, even if it's a freeroll. :)

I did not think he had many A T-9-8 or TT 99 88 because he would have made an open raise.
I thought maybe he had 76, but it was very expensive to see his cards for a draw.
later I thought that he could have J7 or QJ.:rolleyes:
Fortunately, the player was friendly and showed me his cards, otherwise I would have been tilt for the rest of the game.

LOL :D:D:D:D

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also agree with fold, for the following reasons:
- The villan has a big stack size, so we can believe he is not a bad player and may not bluff in such a big pot (unless you observed he got many pots bluffing)
- The villan was small blind so his hand range is quite big and we can find Q J there.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GOOD FOLD!

Himates,what would they do in this situation, SB complete the bb, then check-check on the flop and turn..
The villain makes a small bet, and I make raises to 6500, the villain push.

Good fold. he was waiting for you to hit something then pounced. He prob hit trips on flop then fullhouse on turn or river

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I did not see the whole line of the draw, but most likely it is a fold !!!

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider calling, but that's just me. I know I do bad stuff, but I try my luck sometimes.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With three aces on the flop, he would prefer to make a bet that would protect from the draw. If he has a full house on the flop, he may be waiting for your call. If it's nothing, in a game against the big stack, he would prefer to make a check. On the river you have to make a straight, and you bet, and he reraised. Street two-way. And you can make a fold having jr strit.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know that a player plays tight, then a fold is a good move. But, I think you wasted some chips with the first bet.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold however in my opinion there was not any reason to raise because your chances of stealing the pot is not good when an Ace is on the board.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually you find yourself behind here. I’d say this is a good fold but just now there are guys how will show up here with trips. If you had more info and knew villain was kinda splashy or has the ability to bluff you a call can be in order here. I’d personally find an easier spot to navigate

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
good discipline on that fold !!! you really meant it when you said you take every game seriously ! wish i could learn that , best of luck on your upcoming games )

Folding in Poker