Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys!
I want to post a poll here and leave you a question.

• You are playing an MTT with $250 entry with guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000 Gtd
You have AKs on the button and the villain goes All-in in utg with more chips than you, all players before you give up.

Would you give this call knowing that there is only one player left to burst the bubble and knowing that you giving that call would be compromising your entire tournament by scratching fall before entering ITM?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This seems some kind of bullying, the opp would just make pressure on us, maybe with a small pocket or a connected one or a high card(s). If its that important for you to reach to money and have around 500$ : fold. But if it's not : it's a perfect time to double-up, and have better chance to get 1 million.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This seems some kind of bullying, the opp would just make pressure on us, maybe with a small pocket or a connected one or a high card(s). If its that important for you to reach to money and have around 500$ : fold. But if it's not : it's a perfect time to double-up, and have better chance to get 1 million.

Hey brother,

It's not a joke and not even trying to belittle anyone here. It was a question would be very interesting. Depending on the answers you will see who cares most about the money or winning a tournament with prizes of $1,000.000 Gtd. If I lose I'm out of the tournament without getting anything, but if I win I'd have a better chance of getting to an FT or even maybe nailing that tournament.

Last edited:
Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bem dificil essa jogada, mas num torneio desses é sempre bom evitar embates com um oponete de maior Stak, pois ele vai precionar! Prefiro esperar e seguir vivo!

Abraços e boa sorte!!

It's still a good choice, too, buddy. I noticed you're new here at Cards... The rules of the site is always to post any information or reply in English text. It's the tip and a big hug.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm going fold here with AK. Only call I'll make this late would be QQ, KK or AA. Double up would be great, not all in pre-flop. Would love play the hand post flop though.

Rather find a better spot to get all in and not risk my tournament ending.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, the best decision for this moment is run, AK is pretty hand, but in the bubble, i prefer stay security. hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm going fold here with AK. Only call I'll make this late would be QQ, KK or AA. Double up would be great, not all in pre-flop. Would love play the hand post flop though.

Rather find a better spot to get all in and not risk my tournament ending.

in my opinion, the best decision for this moment is run, AK is pretty hand, but in the bubble, i prefer stay security. hahaha

The two choices are very important, what you have to have in mind is which best decision is most important for your tournament. Ariscar and have the possibility to move on with more comfortable chips or risk and drop off without winning anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would assess who is the opponent who made the move, how he has been playing in the last few hands. Usually when you are playing against aggressives players, your chances of having a better hand increase, otherwise, if you are playing against a tighter player we have to be more connected, as he may have top pair or hands as strong as yours, my opnion

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question depends on alot outside of the actual MTT. how much is riding on the min cash and how importnant is it to your overall bankroll? i mean almost ALWAYS going to be a call but if a LARGE part of your overall bank roll was in this tourney (which should mean you're not playing in it at all) then i could see a fold there.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably not folding, bubble is the time to chip up and you don't do this by folding good hands... especially against a range you should be easily ahead of here.

Obviously the correct answer is that it depends on how many big blinds you are effective with UTG.

As for whether you get a min-cash or not, this matters very little in the long-run, but I understand why people get shortsighted when they can win their money back just by folding!

Good luck! :D

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold, it is a good tournament and to go so far having the possibility of entering prizes first, I make sure to enter prizes for the type of tournament ,,, it is very typical to see those with more chips go all in because most of the time nobody will pay Due to the situation and sometimes something frustrating when having to fold that type of hands, it is best to forget about the situation because I consider the best thing to do is fold:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In another more "regular" situation and if my game study was allowoing this, I would make the call. BUT if I was a breath before the money in a 250$ mtt, I would not make that call. It would be a pity to destroy so much effort in such an mtt. Except if your stack was very small and the blinds did not leave you other choise!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys!
I want to post a poll here and leave you a question.

• You are playing an MTT with $250 entry with guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000 Gtd
You have AKs on the button and the villain goes All-in in utg with more chips than you, all players before you give up.

Would you give this call knowing that there is only one player left to burst the bubble and knowing that you giving that call would be compromising your entire tournament by scratching fall before entering ITM?

Solid question brother, need more info to make a fair response though.

How many players are paid and how far are we from the final table?

Do we have an average stack, above average stack, below average stack?

How many big blinds is the shover moving in for? (this will greatly affect his range)

There are a lot of factors we must consider to be able to truly make this decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfJ-VKarvj4?t=3076

Hope those questions and this video helps! :icon_joke

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Solid question brother, need more info to make a fair response though.

How many players are paid and how far are we from the final table?

Do we have an average stack, above average stack, below average stack?

How many big blinds is the shover moving in for? (this will greatly affect his range)

There are a lot of factors we must consider to be able to truly make this decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfJ-VKarvj4?t=3076

Hope those questions and this video helps! :icon_joke
Damn that is exactly what I was going to post. There are many factors to consider like you pointed out and If I have enough chips to make a run at the final table I think I would more lean to fold here. My reasoning is at best you are probably a coin flip and at this point in a tournament why risk your life on a coin flip. But that really depends where I am in the standing , how many chips I have ETC, Just like you said

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's serious, we are not in a CC freeroll or a small MTT... :rolleyes:
In this particular situation, patience is the best ally, so I would wait for a more favorable moment. Because although it is extremely tempting, you risk your tournament in one hand, close to the bowl of sangria. :D
It's hot. :confused:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it would be a foolish call! Why would you play all that time to risk your tournament with AK. Maybe a made hand but not AK!

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless the payout was $50 or more, I'm calling AK every time. Bubble or not.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have already been eliminated from tournaments with AK more than once , so I would definitely throw out a raise from UTG!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it would depend of how many BB I have left, if I have less than 5BB I would probably call with AK, if I have more I would fold and at least guarantee some money.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

In the situation you mention, I throw any type of cards.
Greetings thank you

D

D1enonli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an easy fold here. You'll have plenty of better situations after you're ITM. This would be foolish IMO, even if you double up. Too much risk.