The buy-in or the number of players?

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is more important for a quality tournament?

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me important is number of a players

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the number of players is important for me.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The important thing for me, that I'm starting to join a bankroll, are small buy-in games that are GTD, and with few players, this makes it easier to get some of the guaranteed prizes.

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both but for me mor important thing is number of players.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is obviously less varience with less ppl in a tournament, so if following strict BRM the smaller the tournament the better, but you have to play more often to watch a more steady raise of your bank roll

TiReX

TiReX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, the number of opponents.But for a small buy-in rarely where you will meet a small number of opponents

For me the best option was the 5.5 tournaments$ (Patypoker).There were no more than 200 opponents,and when injected into the prizes 1.5 buy-in +(minimum).Now I temporarily left the party

Last edited by a moderator:
I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a large number of players and a small bi!

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number of Players, 2000 for example is too much for me if the buy in is expensive.

delta50

delta50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whats a good quality tournament? no matter what the buy in youll have players calling and raising with so called trash,to me minimum table chat 10 buck or greater but in with maybe 200 players,and no damn late reg,my biggest bug bare in this modern game is the sites with hours of late reg,oh and then allowing multi entrees.ok im off my soap box.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The higher the buy-in, the more interesting game. And less idiots who all-in any hand.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play need to bankroll but the number of participants, too, plays a role!

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) the right buy-in. 2) the number of players (depending on the type of game). If you play with a normal amount of players, but the buy-in- entire bankroll, you feel the pressure only on large buy-in, and the game is not as usual. If the buy-in is chosen correctly, but you are good to play single table 9-max, but you decided to play the tournament with 6 hundreds of players, you will not be able to sit through the whole tournament by playing quality. It is better to pay attention for buy-in and amount of players.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The buy-in is very important because you have to make sure you are staying within your bankroll and your skill level.

The size of the field is personal preference. I always preferred large fields when I played online.

The structure of the tournament is also important.

When I played a lot online I had a substantial bankroll - but I only played $3.30 re-buys, $5 and $10 entries and $5 re-buys. I liked deep-stacked large fields with - minute blind levels

But - I had to be prepared to play all night to final table :)

Some people prefer faster levels and smaller fields

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
both are important.the number of players so you cant get easier at the paid positions and the amount cause a bigger amountis more interesting games and bluffs are not so easy.There are still bluffs ofcourse but not so many as at a freeroll.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the number of participants of course

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the buyin is important for bankroll concerns and often can give you incite into the quality of the players

the number of players is not really important, because in terms of game play it will be chip ev until you get close to the bubble then icm will be an important factor

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Important tis the prize pool ! And the stacks, blind limits

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a large number of players and a small bi!

I rather like to play tournaments with as many players, but I noticed that I have more success in tournaments with fewer players.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number of Players, 2000 for example is too much for me if the buy in is expensive.

For me, 2000 is a lot of players but not too much.
I used to play tournaments with a 5000+ player but I noticed that I had more success in tournaments with fewer players.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say if you want a "quality tournament" you should look at stack sizes and blind structure as well. Personally prefer deep stacked tournaments since it leaves much more room to play with. And ofcourse as already pointed out here it's most important that the buyin is within your bankroll.

pokergo666

pokergo666

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got better chance to be ITM or even make the final table with smaller field below 500 players.:top:

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the quality of the game I think that buy in is a bigger reference.

The number of players I see no connection with the quality of the game.

The speed of the game changes tbm, games more speed has less quality