Bursting bubble and how to last

J

Jcapps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interested in everyone’s approach to the daunting bubble and how to end up on the wining side of it bursting ??

F

FloppyNutzs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will all depend on where you are in chips at the time of the bubble.
However, I will tighten up near and on the bubble.
I will be quick to fold marginal hand like low and mid pocket pairs when in early position.
I may fold nearly everything except when in the blinds minus AA, KK, AQ and a few others. Generally don't protect your blinds with weak or marginal hands.

I will also get a feel of the action on the table and look for opportunities to take small stabs at the post when I can open raise with good hands in late position. These open raises generally will be for less than the 3BB standard and might be 2 or 2.5 BB.
If I do find my self getting into a hand I try to use good position try to control the pot to avoid getting put all in unnecessarily.

Special situation may occur that force you to take action. For example if my in BB and UTG shove for 2BB and everyone folds...then I probably have to call with any 2. Not because I have faith in my hand but because of the possible stress and anxiety having 2BB and practically being all in in the next two that UTG is facing...they are likely to open shove light.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should be stealing a lot more from the shorter stacks, they generally will be playing tighter ranges trying to get into the money. You really need to read the table and play it based on how you can be the most profitable. On tighter and more passive tables you can get away with being really aggressive and stealing blinds with almost any two cards, but if everyone is trying to build a big stack than you'll need to tighten up some and take advantage of this aggression with your premium hands.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
everything depends on how many chips you have, if the tournament is turbo or normal, if your table is very aggressive, or if the player with the most chips on your table is aggressive, how much can you resist with the chips you have, how much can you resist the temptation to pay or bet with certain cards, how much patience you have ..

if you do not have many chips you will have to take risks at any time,
you should try to play solid, if you can steal just do it, make time, once the bubble burst and enter in prize is when many players go a little crazy

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As always the answers is: it depends. What is your stack size? What are the other stack sizes? What is the payout structure?

If you're on a relatively large stack you can try to open a bit wider and steal more blinds. People will be more passively in general around the bubble. If you're on a short stack you might have to be a bit more passive, but you can't always afford to pass up on good opportunities just because it is the bubble. Making a deep run is often more rewarding than a min cash.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think stack size determines play near the bubble. When you have everyone covered at your table, you generally can bet and take pots until the bubble bursts. After the bubble people are going to get real active to make up for lost chips.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Shortstack-tight. Midstack-tight. Bigstack-loose agressive.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your stack value are you deep super shallow. You can really put pressure on people at this stage of tournament and later stages as their is huge icm consideration's later on. Now sometimes if you super short and others it can be best to straight fold every hand until you hit the money. Hope this advice will help you cash more tournaments and help you run deeper in some.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your stack when you are near bubble. If your stack is highest on the table or high enough, you need to bully smaller stakes and steal their blinds. You need to be carefull though not to get carried away. If you have least chips you need to tighten up and play only premium hands.

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interested in everyone’s approach to the daunting bubble and how to end up on the wining side of it bursting ??
If you watch closely you can almost always find someone stealing blinds and can pick up extra chips or even double up if you happen to catch a monster during this time

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have decent stack and min cash important to you sit out take a walk make a cup of tea forget about it for few mins if not important steal those blinds relentlessly chip up in preparation for deep run stack size should dictate how you play on bubble good luck.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Remember at that stage of the tournament " chips lost are worth more than chips won".
You can't go deep if you are out of the tournament.:cool:

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are short play tighter,if you have big stack try to steal more blinds and play more agessive because short stacks are usually going to fold

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
before I get into the bubble I play tight. when I'm pretty close to the bubble tight aggressive game because many play is afraid to pay for being afraid of losing before they get into the bubble. turban the bubble in the first hand I am very cautious because there are many plays kamikaze because they have entered the bubble want to go all in same crazy then at the beginning tight and then tight aggressive again

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you get into the bonus game tactics, a little change. With a small stack, you must steal the BB or throw them in the Allin on the middle map. If the stack is medium, try to play neatly and wait for the premium card. With a large stack, you can slightly bluff.

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Several people mention "playing to win" and how they ignore the bubble. While (obviously) I am always playing to win, I tighten up quite a bit at the bubble (when low on chips)
I cant tell you how many times I have looked over at my girlfriend and said.
"Remember when I barely made it to the money and was in 36/36? I just came in 1st!"

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have a nice stack I will bully the short stacks especially their blinds as they are just trying to cash and will rarely call you.

Short stack I pray real hard others will bust first. If I pick up a good hand and I feel a larger stack is trying to bully me out I’ll push back and hope to double up.