Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Each player chooses his own path. Someone patiently plays a lot of freerolls, other players make a deposit and comply with bankroll management.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its definetly worth getting experience in freerolls while building a bankroll. I wont use any mony that i would spend other ways and its like a fun challenge. I sure do understand that if you want to play more from the beginning a deposit and micros are suitable as well.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you post this in the tournament section, I assume, you want to play tournaments rather than cash games? Then the best solution on Stars is to deposit 100$ and start grinding the 1$ 45 man SnGs. When the roll has grown a little, you can add in some 1$ 180 man SnGs and some 1,5$ 90 man bounty SnGs, and then just go from there.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how fast you want to build your bankroll. If you are patient and not in a hurry then freerolls will work although it will just take some time. If you want to move it faster I would suggest micro buy in tourneys with decent guarantees, sit n gos, or micro cash games. Just depends on your risk aversion with your bankroll and again how fast you want it to grow.

AIexander K

AIexander K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that many players do not realize the importance of a conservative approach to bank management, as they greatly underestimate the scale of variance in the game, especially at the lowest limits. Modern poker is not the same as it was a few years ago, and a lingering streak can overtake even the top regulars.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
build a bankroll with 0 on pokerstars is unrealistic

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SnG are best solution for starting, but if you are on ground 0 then I must say it will be almost impossible to build a bankroll. Maybe if you get lucky and catch lets say 5$ and after that play some 5$ tour and finish in the final table, but with no skill that's unbelievable to happen. Deposit some bucks, like others members already recommended you and start with very low buy in and minimum players at tour. Wish you luck

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys. About building the Bankroll on Pokerstars, what do you think is the key? I see there aren`t many freerolls, any iedas? Thanks.
For me is playing low stacks tournaments or cash game to gain experience ,...but for now I haven't manage to break out!

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The key is patience. Don't try to rush. As some people said above, you can do sit & go's. I have also played them and that was fun. Now I have built some bank roll and I sometimes play some bigger tournaments. Currently I am mostly playing the cardschat freerolls since I joined here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its important also to remember, that a bankroll is not the only thing needed to succeed in poker. You also need skills to beat the games, which you would like to play. And I cant help feeling, that when people ask this bankroll question and then mention freerolls, they are not completely understanding this.

Lets say for instance, that your first short term goal is to play 2-5$ MTTs on PokerStars. You might determine, that you need a 500$ bankroll for that. But there are other and usually faster ways to earn 500$ for a poker bankroll than to play freerolls. You can work and earn a salary. Or you can start an online business. So if you decide to play freerolls, or as I suggest 1$ 45 man SnGs, then its not to earn money for a bankroll. Its to practice and get better, so that you can actually beat those 2-5$ tournaments, that you like to play.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardchat freerolls will help you to build a bankroll. Or in extreme cases, a good increase.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don’t find freerolls, it means you’re looking badly, a little patience and endurance, you can still get up from freerolls

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management