Bubbled Out is hurt more than breakup.

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hurt more than breakup after playing 2-3 hours continuously and we busted during bubbled.. how many times you bubbled ?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you are pot committed to go for min cash. This game here I gave up at 3BB, and just fold to the money. I was literally 1 hand away from the blinds hitting me with less than 1 BB.

Another table someone went AKS vs QQs and I made it in the money. But if I am bubbling out and I usually going out with QQ-AA. I would even fold AKS on the bubble. Flipping to 45% doesn't sound fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot (425).jpg
    Screenshot (425).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 24
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would even fold AKS on the bubble. Flipping to 45% doesn't sound fun.
losing a lot of value here as you're not always flipping in this spot.

players are willing to get it in with much worse in this spot against you, including hands like aq, aj, and even as weak as k10s. i wouldn't be surprised if you increased you cashes and deep runs if you started calling with aks instead of folding it.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hurt more than breakup after playing 2-3 hours continuously and we busted during bubbled.. how many times you bubbled ?

It can be frustrating not sure about it being similar to a break up haha. I've busted the bubble quite a few times with big hands it happens

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
losing a lot of value here as you're not always flipping in this spot.

players are willing to get it in with much worse in this spot against you, including hands like aq, aj, and even as weak as k10s. i wouldn't be surprised if you increased you cashes and deep runs if you started calling with aks instead of folding it.

Yup, but even doubling the stack is just a small gain vs getting the min cash. Especially some of them that are 3-5X buy in. But if it were say a 1.7X buy in with a 10bb to 22bb jump, totally worth going all in.

Even a min raise to see the flop, but prepare to shove if someone raise preflop works.

But if your stack goes extremely small and you have have a high chance of min cashing, there is a point of no return you should go all in for min cash.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with trying to fold to a min-cash is, that sometimes the bubble drags out. The short stacks at other tables also fold, or they dubble up. If you have above a certain hand strenght you typically need to go with it even on the bubble, at least if you get a chance to jam first in.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with trying to fold to a min-cash is, that sometimes the bubble drags out. The short stacks at other tables also fold, or they dubble up. If you have above a certain hand strenght you typically need to go with it even on the bubble, at least if you get a chance to jam first in.

Folding at the bubble typically works a lot better with 200+ player remains. Even at games of 117 remaining I seen bubble last way longer than expected.

But if you are playing fold to bust, it is good to check how many has a smaller stack and hands till bust they have.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Bubbling sucks, but we've all done it. Remember though, you don't become a successful poker player through managing to min cash a reasonable amount of the time. Pushing on an reaching the final table and the top three positions occasionally is worth the bubbles.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes you are pot committed to go for min cash. This game here I gave up at 3BB, and just fold to the money. I was literally 1 hand away from the blinds hitting me with less than 1 BB.

Another table someone went AKS vs QQs and I made it in the money. But if I am bubbling out and I usually going out with QQ-AA. I would even fold AKS on the bubble. Flipping to 45% doesn't sound fun.

Folding AKs in this situation is a serious leak. You are folding one of the best starting hands in holdem for the sake of a min cash, when you could double up and give yourself the chance of going really deep. Sure you'll bust a reasonable percentage of the time, but when you win (and trust me you will win more than 50% of the time), but you will see an overall upturn in results by not missing out on this spot.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not so many times ,I risk more when I see I cannot come in the money with my chips ,so I got out the tournement bfore bubble commes or I have enough chips to comme in the maney

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
right now it happens to me almost every time. i have a hard time not being patient and just waiting until i'm in the money before starting to play my hands again. yet my experience has taught me that when you have enough chips. the risk is not worth it. the hardest thing to deal with is when you lose with AA. but in general it's always my fault if I lose before the bubble. to improve my results. I'll just have to stop making this mistake and start playing my A game again, especially at the end of the game.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After seeing how even the most experienced players crash on the bubble, I calmed down very quickly, since this is a game. Each defeat in it provides additional experience.