Bubbleboy

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friends, I would like to know how you deal with the pain that you feel when you are a bubble, and especially when you feel such pain more than three times during a session.:confused:

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Shake it off and move on to the next one.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what I’m playing for. In most cases I’m not playing for a min cash, so I get very aggressive towards the bubble. I play most tourneys with a FT in mind. If I bubble or min cash, it’s almost the same feeling.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do try to avoid busting on the bubble to much, because yes it does suck. However if 90 places pay, there actually is no difference between finishing 91 and 191, so being “the bubble buy” is not quite as important, as people sometimes makes it out to be.

If for instance we had a stack large enough to cash with 191 left, but ran our KK into another deep stacked player with AA, then this is just as detrimental to our results as suffering a similar cooler on the bubble. Its more of a mental thing, because with 91 left we can eye the money already, while with 191 it still seem far away.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens don't stress about it. Good luck!

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a trick:

Whenever you find yourself in this bubble boy thing, just open up a newspaper and see how shite other people's lives are because they lost everything.

Now think about losing $1.10 on the bubble again. You will feel much better.

Vlad535_100

Vlad535_100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I open a couple of tables with satellites. The presence of a pair of cash seats in addition to prize tickets nullifies this milestone.

O

obli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is not to give up sometimes this happens, you can just play a little calmer this period of the game to give up completely and not to play is also stupid.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it's folded to you in the SB start stealing from the BB more.

C

ChrystalClear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel the bubble pain. Always get dealt AA or KK and await a 67 or 89 suited to go all in with me only to win haha.