Bubble play in tournaments

S

steinib00y

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

Do you have any strategy on how to play during the bubble play?
So many people fold hands due to risk of not reaching the money. Is there an opportunity here to be aggresive in order to collect "dead" chips ?

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
depends,
if you pay your way in the tournament, then it's wise to be cautious and get ITM.
On the other hand, if your stack is large enough then you can take advantage of weaker players who will fold to almost all hoping to get ITM.

If you play mainly freerolls and you're building stack, then wait, and hit it, but since on almost all freerolls you play for small amount just to get by, I would hit it hard (again) since so many will not risk at all, hoping to get ITM and collect some pennies.

Just my $.02

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Historically I've always been very risk averse here, and while I think there is value in making sure you get ITM, there are still opportunities to pick up chips from cautious players pre-flop that don't involve risking all your stack.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

So many people fold hands due to risk of not reaching the money. Is there an opportunity here to be aggresive in order to collect "dead" chips ?

I do not enter a tournament just to min-cash. I'd rather go out on the bubble than pussy-fold my way to the money. If I see a spot where I can double up a small stack while approaching the bubble, I will take it.

kartax12

kartax12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stack

In bubble everything depends on your stack you can be aggressive with players who do not exceed your chips, but keep in mind that many of them will go all in preflop, so it is advisable to have a decent hand to pay

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend playing blind for everything. You then have a 50% chance of winning, which is more than playing with professional players.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

I tend to play aggressively on the bubble. It is a really good chance to add to your stack while most players tighten up and play more passively. It will cost you to bubble here and there, but it does allow you to get deeper because of you have a better stack to navigate the bubble bursting. I like to have chips to work with when people are shoving marginal hands after the burst. I can pick off hands like KJ with A6 and things like that.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble time is generally a good opportunity for the chip leader to plunder. If you want to drag into the short circle of money, any hand in the face of big chips is all under. Sometimes even AA needs to fold.