Bubble Guy

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some questions about SNG and it is about being the Bubble Guy (the last one to be ITM).
Here i go.
In a SNG 9max, ¿It is really a difference if i got eliminated 9th to 5th by playing loose or any way, than being eliminated 4th playing tigth aggresive?

I mean just the 3 first places are paid.
The thing is that i have played some SNG and most of times i get to 4th place :(
In a balance of 35 games i have won 2 first places, 3 second, 3 third, bunch of forth and just 4 times 5th to 9th.
I can´t see what i´m doing wrong. It is normal? Should i play less tigth? I know you migth need more information about how i play but if you have something just let me know.

Sorry for my English

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tournament with only 9 players you have to eliminate at least two players to stay at 3rd 2nd or 1st position,this is an obligation or you won´t be in the buble.Try to focus on your chips and the others players don´t be ashemed if you lose the first hands just breath in and wait for the right time to recover the chips you had lost.single table with nine players is the best poker entertainment for me because It´s cheap (50ç)and easy to get the buble.

Z

zzOGzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in such tournaments do not need to rush, but play aggressively with good cards

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Little more risk on aggression should take You to top 3.

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that if a beat two guys even if it is in the first hands i will get In the Money, the thing is that i don´t know if it is the same to be eliminated 9th or 4th place, i mean what do you think that i learned there? and one other thing is in the ballance how many times i should get ITM to consider it as a well played game?

Sorry for my English

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
from the statistics i could say that you have to play more aggressively there
maybe you play very tight there,waiting for one player to bust
always you have to aim to 1st place and not just ITM

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, when you play aggressive from the start, and have luck to kick out and double up 2 times, pokerstars love to give good cards to chip leader. When i say good cards, i mean winning cards. So play aggressive, to re raise all the time, just play harsh. It is in pokerstars favor to all SNG's finish faster, so more of them will be in one day, witch means more money for them. so yeah. You need luck and begin, later it is not luck, its the system. good luck

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tight, aggressive poker early on in a normal speed 9 man SNG. Just natural variance will see that you sometimes have doubled or tripled your stack by the time of the bubble. Other times you will be one of the shorter stacks but most of the time you will be a mid stack. Play tight and aggressive.

When you get down to 4 or 5 players and the blinds increase this will force you to take more risk as you will be under increasing pressure. Keep track of other players stack sizes. Some players make huge mistakes as a mid stack with a crippled stack at the table and call all ins way too wide. Why risk not cashing and calling an all in when you can simply fold your way to the money with a crippled stack at the table? There are situations where it is correct to fold AK, QQ,KK, etc. Similarly when you are the big stack you should be very aggressive against the players that are afraid of missing the money. If all 4 stacks are even you should not be calling many all-ins. The cost of losing a hand here is too big.

Lastly 35 results is far too few to determine how well or poor you are playing. There is simply too much variance. Continue to evaluate your play but really you need to see at least a few hundred results.

Lastly once you are ITM there is such a small difference between 2nd and 3rd you should be very aggressive about trying to win. The jump from 3rd to 1st is worth a good bit of risk. So when you do cash is should be more 1st and 3rd place finishes and fewer 2nd place.

AlexGrinStar

AlexGrinStar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play neatly, and more tightly on the bubble against large stacks and expand your range against short...

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play neatly, and more tightly on the bubble against large stacks and expand your range against short...

Would you pay an all in with JJ, QQ AK preflop in to a short stack player? Let´s say villain has half your stack. Just 4 players left.
how expand should be the range?