The Bubble

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any other place in a tournament worse to out at. It happened to me last night when I was In the middle of the pack with chips. I could have just sat out.... but hey I am a poker player not poker watcher. Well I got 14th when 13 places got paid I was horrified but jumped into another tournament t and made the money. I have been out 10 places away from the money and never bothered me because I needed to act or it was just a good hand altogether but getting the bubble due to lack of discipline is unacceptable for a seasoned tournament player in my eyes. Share your stories and we will see you on the table. The_Bandit

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very painfull but we have to deal with this type of situation.

THEBLUEJAYY

THEBLUEJAYY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any other place in a tournament worse to out at. It happened to me last night when I was In the middle of the pack with chips. I could have just sat out.... but hey I am a poker player not poker watcher. Well I got 14th when 13 places got paid I was horrified but jumped into another tournament t and made the money. I have been out 10 places away from the money and never bothered me because I needed to act or it was just a good hand altogether but getting the bubble due to lack of discipline is unacceptable for a seasoned tournament player in my eyes. Share your stories and we will see you on the table. The_Bandit
thank you i needed to know what the bubble is now i know i can benefit from challenges that pay a bonus if you are on the bubble

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can agree the bubble is a brutal place to finish but bubbling the final table is what always disturbs me in tournaments.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are not looking for ways to increase your stack toward a final table & a run at winning the tourney, you are costing yourself money. Mini cashes may help the ego, but failing to find & exploit those who are playing to mini cash is a big hole in ones game. Lot's of players settle for mini cashes, accept their gift.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true, we are to play not to watch and it happened to me also finish to be in the bubbles in many occasions

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drink coffee during the bubble.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently had a dude defend his blind and call off 3/4 of his stack with 84os and knocked me out. I shoved from the btn with A9os.

I felt I was in trouble when BB called, but then he flips over 84. I was like what? and before I knew it, two 4s on the flop and I was out.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bubble does suck. I find myself there alot lol And even tho you MIGHT not get the big payout (yes its possible) Its so sweet when you make the $ :)

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone has to be the bubble boy. If you do not become a bubble boy, then it was I.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do love being the guy that takes a guy out at the bubble it is a good feeling but I only do it with good cards not some junk. I almost got the bubble tonight and then came back and took 2nd. it is possible play the good cards and bust up the loose players/

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of Course it sucks , it always sucks when you are literally the postion BEFORE the money. It's worse though to sit there and "sit" and then the same thing happens. That's why I play the bubble , Pick my hands and Depending on my chip count Usually I'm Bullying on the Bubble because that's where the easiest chips are.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often have this: the bubble of the tournament, I have a stack of 10-12bb, you can safely sit out and get into the money, but then I come AK, and I think what the hell I'll wait, it's AK need to put all-in, I bet and fly out on the dough )), I sit and think what I'm still an idiot ))

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I often have this: the bubble of the tournament, I have a stack of 10-12bb, you can safely sit out and get into the money, but then I come AK, and I think what the hell I'll wait, it's AK need to put all-in, I bet and fly out on the dough )), I sit and think what I'm still an idiot ))

Story of my life, bhahahaa:D:D

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is time that it is better to give up, if you see that you will enter those who pay a big hand without remorse, now if you think you had to earn more chips to be among those who make money in is to choose a hand to go without fear, but to be see What are you doing? Are you in need of that?
:driver::stoned:

M

mohamed nefzi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had a lot of bubble badbeats lately with middle pairs that get cushed by some premium hands when I go into Chipleaders K-Q or AK or A-x and I am quite sure I am doing the correct decisions even if I bubble 100 times. Now I started to fold Jacks and Tens either in Bubble or near to Final tables when I know that I ll commit a big portion of my stack without sseing the 3 first cards on flop. If they give me a chance to see the flop with my middle pairs it's ok to call if not I just fold and wait for better.