On the bubble

alexanderst

alexanderst

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you prefer? Take a risk stealing blinds or wait for cash??

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, I have been waiting to cash. When I am on top and on a roll, steal away.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is other short stacks and I might be in a tough spot if I lose that pot, I would wait for cash. If I'm deep stack enough, I would steal blinds a lot to apply pressure to other short stacks.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll wait for the money ..)))
I'll risk only on the open flop ... when the guarantee of winning 99.99% ..)))
:fight:

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing to min cash you are playing the wrong game

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends, if I have a good stack, I'll try to press the shorts and steal their blinds, but if I'm short, I'll probably try to steal a few times.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only look at the flop and then I risk not to lose a lot of chips, but if the card is bad and I do not have a match on the flop then I fold and wait to get in the money!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually I am waiting for money, it will be though the result. But if I get strong cards, I can take risks. It all depends on the position at the table.

S

Sprockett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing to min cash you are playing the wrong game

I agree with this. This will increase your itm, but hurt you roi. If a min cash matter you are playing to high. You should always go for the win.

bstyles85

bstyles85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. You play to at least make a final table, not to min cash. Either move down in stakes or don't play poker at all if that's the kind of mindset you have. That's just me though.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. You play to cash first. You don't need to get silly if you have a decent stack just because you want to "exploit" the bubble... that's what everyone else is trying to do so think differently.

2. Once you've cashed you can start taking risks and pushing edges to put you in a comfortable spot for the win

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes worth it to risk stealing the blinds sometimes is better to wait for cash; can't make a rule by choosing always one of its.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for cash if I am close to the bubble.

P

patfreed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. You play to at least make a final table, not to min cash. Either move down in stakes or don't play poker at all if that's the kind of mindset you have. That's just me though.

Agreed. I have to play to win. Cashing is great but is a byproduct of going for the win. Bubble no cashes are part of this game.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. I have to play to win. Cashing is great but is a byproduct of going for the win. Bubble no cashes are part of this game.
In tournaments the Goal is to win but your first objective is to cash. The closer to the bubble the more icm becomes a factor in your play. If you have 10-15 bigs and you can see 3 people under 10 bigs why would you risk busting before they do?

Objectives
1. Cash
2. Win

If you are not doing this then tournaments will quickly become expensive for you.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is better to wait for cash. Obviously, getting any prizes is a pretty good result.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically the bubble is the best time to build your stack. Play very aggressive and steal blinds, worst case when someone shoves just fold it. You are still ahead

Dimankos

Dimankos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the size of the stack. Big - steal chips. Small - wait for the money

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the position. Risk is also worth it, but you can wait for good cards.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a prefunta difficult to answer, you have to see the table where you are and how your opponents are playing, also how is your stak, and many times it is good to take the risk ...!

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you must play aggressive,all will play very carefuly and fold.You will increase your stack.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if im deep stacked or short stacked. If im deep i like to steal blinds and bully my opponents. If im short stacked i tend to squeeze in to cash something and then try to build my stack. If im middle i play just like any time in the tournament, and occasionally steal some blinds from short stacked players.

S

SouthTexas Holdem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally,when I'm in the bubble I take a short break,have a smoke; reset my game..( I tend to get jumpy, start overthinking thing's)!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am on top and on a roll, steal away

Recently, I have been waiting to cash. When I am on top and on a roll, steal away.

When you are on top, in position, be wary of pushing the little stacks too harshly. Sometimes, a medium/ higher stack, behind the little guys you pushed around will use some of their spare chips to call/raise you, to see your hand.

They want to know if you are pushing others around with real hands or big stack bluffs.