BRM/MTT Question

K

KevinPower

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, let me start by saying I am a student so I don't have much money for poker. I will give you guys background to this. Anyways when I started I made a $22 CDN ($18.50 US) deposit as that was all I could spend at the time, me being very new to poker I busted that roll quickly. So I studied and worked on my game and thought I was good enough to redeposit, but all I could deposit was $15 CDN ($12 US), built it to $30 and was playing great poker. Then I took a couple beats and found myself very tilted and after 1 and a half weeks, I had around $7, then I had an amazing couple nights of poker 1 deep run in big 1.10, 2 deep runs in big 2.20, and a 7th place finish in 100k privilege. Which broguht my BR to $45, I decided I was good enough to place things like big $5.50 for some stupid and blew it to $20 within 3 days. So now I am trying to use proper BRM, I am wondering if I should play SNG suited for my bankroll (winning player in 45 mans) until I build it up for big MTTs because $.11 and $.27 MTTs don't pay much and only come around every so often, and I am AWFUL at turbos for the most part. So just wanted your opinions as to what I should do, SNG to build or play 1 or 2 tables of turbo MTT's with the Big 1.10 when I can. Sorry if it is hard to read in some parts, I'm in a hurry.

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you say you are terrible at turbos so don't play those. The main takeaway I gather from your post is that 1. You are new and should read a post book or two if you really want to improve and 2. Don't ever ever ever ever play when tilted. If you can't compartmentalize a loss then step away from the table. I get that you just lost. We all go through it but don't throw away now money due to previous bad play or bad beat or whatever. Other than that, just play what you think you are best at but please use proper brm. Best of luck!

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the 45/90 players sngs but follow strict brm 45/75 buy-in.