whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I wonder, if there is any difference between live and online games in bankroll management.
Especially, because it is often said, that the live games are softer to play?
Do you have any experiences and recommendations?

T

T_slu4ay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
live games are softer but there are travel/hotel/etc expenses on the most offline events. Playing 1k$ tournament online, you just paying 1k, but in offline 1k$ tournament would be more expensive

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You should use the same bankroll management live or online. It really should no matter if the games are softer or not. Using proper management will allow you to survive the downturns without going broke. Do also remember the other cost to playing live, tipping, gas food hotel expenses need to be accounted for as well.It adds up quickly? Best of luck to you.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management doesn't really change between online and live. Regardless of how soft the game might be you still aren't looking to overbuy. You never know when you might go on a bad run...

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thanks for your responses. As I never played live so far, I never thought about the additional costs, that you will have. But of course, they can sum up a lot, especially when you have to go farer away.

Organize a Home Poker Game