BR Management

D

dpucciarelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I am a MTT player in 888poker and I wanted to know what kind of tournaments should I play with 260$BR. I mostly play 1$ Rebuy MTT or 3$ Freezeout MTT. Is it okey? My BR was 300$ but I could not get into prices lately. Should I play SNG to boost my BR? What do you think?

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, if MTTs are not working then give SNGs a go. It might be better for you. It took me a while before I found games that I can do well in. I find double up SNGs are good, but the only ones at that buy in on 888 are super turbo which can be hit and miss.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament upto $2.50 & $3 Grand Daddy (that's the only freeze-out, right?), there's not much volume on this network.

SnG, if you can get it to start. Usually the 9-man games fill up, but the 36- man, you've to wait for eternity just for one game to start. You can try heads-up, if you've a good grasp on it.
That's what I'm doing, playing HU SnGs.

D

dpucciarelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, if MTTs are not working then give SNGs a go. It might be better for you. It took me a while before I found games that I can do well in. I find double up SNGs are good, but the only ones at that buy in on 888 are super turbo which can be hit and miss.

Well, I started from 0$ so I cant say they do not work. But lately I am not running good, and it is affecting my gameplay hard. I just do not feel confident anymore and it sucks. I think I can give it a try to 1$ 9man SNG and see what happens.

D

dpucciarelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament upto $2.50 & $3 Grand Daddy (that's the only freeze-out, right?), there's not much volume on this network.

SnG, if you can get it to start. Usually the 9-man games fill up, but the 36- man, you've to wait for eternity just for one game to start. You can try heads-up, if you've a good grasp on it.
That's what I'm doing, playing HU SnGs.

I tried 36man but they do not suit me. I think I am going to play 1$9man.
Do you think I should take my money and make a deposit on Stars where there are more tourneys?

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried 36man but they do not suit me. I think I am going to play 1$9man.
Do you think I should take my money and make a deposit on Stars where there are more tourneys?

Depends on what you're looking to play. If you want to play MTTs/SnGs, pokerstars surely offers a larger volume (you could get a lot of games of $0.55/$1.10/$2.20 on stars).

D

dpucciarelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you're looking to play. If you want to play MTTs/SnGs, pokerstars surely offers a larger volume (you could get a lot of games of $0.55/$1.10/$2.20 on stars).

I will consider it. Thanks for your reply !

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't stay stuck in one game. Try to mix it up and play what interest you. 1-5$ buyins seem fine. When you get tired of one game move on to the next so you can learn them all.

D

dpucciarelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't stay stuck in one game. Try to mix it up and play what interest you. 1-5$ buyins seem fine. When you get tired of one game move on to the next so you can learn them all.

Thanks !!! I will play SNGs too

ankitantil

ankitantil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should play double or nothing sit and go. if you are in good in tourneys. I hardly lost these tournament best to boost your bankroll quickly