Bounty tournaments is the solution!

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are suffering to grow up your bankroll in poker tournaments because of bad luck at the last moment or something like that, bounty tournament is the perfect choice for you.
The bounty tournament allows you to win some money during the tournament befor reaching prices, so if you play good during the tournament you will at least refund your buy-in.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend Dara OKearney's book on bounties. It is inexpensive and short and will help you play this format correctly. With no research you will likely make plenty of mistakes in this format.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bounty tournaments can be fun, and I have nothing against them. But you are not going to be able to profit in them without winning some of the price money as well. The most common format today is PKO, where 50% of the price pool goes to bountys. But since you only get paid 50% of the bounty, an early knockout is only worth 25% of your buyin not including rake. For instance in a 5+5+1=11$ PKO, an early knockout is worth 2,5$. So if that is all, you get, you are still down 8,5$ for the tournament. So while variance is slightly lower in PKOs, they are in no way a miracle cure for "bad luck", and this should not be your motive for playing them.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are suffering to grow up your bankroll in poker tournaments because of bad luck at the last moment or something like that, bounty tournament is the perfect choice for you.
The bounty tournament allows you to win some money during the tournament befor reaching prices, so if you play good during the tournament you will at least refund your buy-in.

i totally agree , bounty tournaments are definitely a good choice , especially for good aggressive players !

best of luck out there !

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments with knockout rewards are a very good format for players who have not yet decided on their goals in poker and have not chosen a specific discipline for themselves. But I think it is profitable not to pay for the buy-in completely, but to be selected through satellites for more expensive tournaments, so you can quickly increase your bankroll, and if you are lucky enough to get to good prizes, it will make You rich.:)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Progressive Bounty Tournaments or Progressive Knockout Tournaments is the greatest invention for tournament poker in a long, long time.

The format promotes action, which is why it is the PERFECT format for tournament play. It's easier to get called with our biggest hands and get paid off. Since half the prize pool is tied up in those bounties, good players understand that you have to go after those bounties, you have to chase them... so they're gonna call you down when you shove, but they'll be calling with weaker holdings than normal so if you're the short stack who is shoving and putting your bounty on the line, you might stand a better chance of winning that hand and surviving.

PKO's are so awesome, I struggle to find ANY drawback to them at all... but of course there has to be something negative to balance all the positive aspects, right? Well yeah, there is... the biggest downside is the lower prize pool of course. It is almost unheard of in a regular tournament to make the money on a single buy-in and not turn a profit... but you can easily do such a thing in a PKO if you haven't accumulated very many bounties along the way. The minimum payout in PKO will usually be LESS than the buy-in... so you can cash in a PKO and lose money, go figure. LOL

But other than that, PKO's get a big A+ grade in my book, I love em and given the choice, I won't play any other format unless there are no PKO's running and I'm forced to play a regular freeze-out.

P.S. There is no format that is more profitable than a PKO when you win the tournament. Compared to a regular freezeout tournament, the winner of a PKO will usually far exceed the percentage of the prize pool that they won. If you can enter the FT and knock out every player yourself, if you just steamroll the thing (and it does happen, trust me!), the bounty prize can exceed the first place money itself. It can be a phenomenal payout when you sun-run the thing.

barba332

barba332

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bounty tournaments

hola gente, para mi estos torneos son muy interesantes, ya que eliminando a un par de personas puedes recuperar tu entrada y jugando bien llegas a las etapas finales del torneo los bountys aumentan y las cosas se ponen bonitas.

barba332

barba332

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournament bounty

hello people,for me these tournaments are very interesting, since by eliminating a couple of people you can recover your entry and playing well you reach the final stages of the tournament the bountys increase and things get beautiful.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think bounty is a great trap for such players! Players who think they can quickly increase or get their pot back. Bounty tournaments are very special tournaments. I think only very good players are able to play such tournaments quickly and well. To correctly build a strategy that is for a specific type of poker. If you have lost a lot of money, do not run and quickly change something. Make an analysis of your latest game, do not look for an easier and faster way to earn money, it will be a bad joke for you. good luck :)