Bounty tournament spot

T

theresets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand in a full ring bounty game blinds are 15/30 with 5000 chip starting stacks

Everyone limps (except for CO) including me in the small blind and we have A10o

Thinking: I decided to limp hoping to hit a strong hand as someone could be trapping with a bigger ace

The bb does something funky and makes it 75 to go. Now the whole table proceeds to call. Now there's about 400 dead chips in the middle if I jam. Now it is extremely unlikely anyone who limped before was trapping and the BB is unlikely to have a strong hand because he would not want to go 8 ways to a flop with a monster. This leads me to jam my A10o because of anyone calls I am probably flipping or I will get her called by a smaller ace. Also with the bounties it makes it slightly more profitable to flip because it is almost 1/3 buy in.

Thoughts?

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
big risk for reward.... not worth jamming at all risking 5000 to win 400 just call and stick with the original plan.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
jamming with A10 ? not me. I will say just call and wait for the hand to evolve.
:deal:

K

kay1919kay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in the same tourney I think :) sitting decent so far however time will tell

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should not take risks for the sake of those 400 chips

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The risk is big trying to steal 400 chips))) And if there was a re-raise or allin? It's better to be, knockout tournaments are hard enough where very often players reraise or are betrayed by the bank.

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont think I would ever push w/ A10 in that spot - I do take much bigger risk's calling all-ins in bounty tournaments as long as I have a decent stack - Although that strategy did get me in trouble today as I was on the wrong side of every hand I called

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello in this type of situations if you see a resubida after you the best is to abandon since in many cases in the beginning of the tournaments the players tend to bet without worrying about the size of the blinds this causes many of them to go to the flop With bad or weak hands, and being on the flop with some luck will tie a strong hand and continue betting or wrath all in to put you in a situation you or me. Is my point of view, you have to go in the early stages but with really strong hands that help us win the whole pot. I hope you serve luck on the tables.

J

Jacoval2010

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bountys tournaments are very good because in addition to the prize for the position acquired has the option to earn money by eliminating other players and also climb for better results

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bountys tournaments are very good because in addition to the prize for the position acquired has the option to earn money by eliminating other players and also climb for better results

unseccesful in bounty is chase to knock someone out I think. Try to collect some chips and when good hand come & hug their chips:D

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand in a full ring bounty game blinds are 15/30 with 5000 chip starting stacks

Everyone limps (except for CO) including me in the small blind and we have A10o

Thinking: I decided to limp hoping to hit a strong hand as someone could be trapping with a bigger ace

The bb does something funky and makes it 75 to go. Now the whole table proceeds to call. Now there's about 400 dead chips in the middle if I jam. Now it is extremely unlikely anyone who limped before was trapping and the BB is unlikely to have a strong hand because he would not want to go 8 ways to a flop with a monster. This leads me to jam my A10o because of anyone calls I am probably flipping or I will get her called by a smaller ace. Also with the bounties it makes it slightly more profitable to flip because it is almost 1/3 buy in.

Thoughts?
I dont think is worth shovimg AT at thr first hand. If you had a plan when limped, you should've follow the plan and see how the hand goes postflop. Anyway, how did this hand ended?

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips