Bouncing back after a loss (tourney)

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New member here so I have no idea if I am doing this correctly, but, am I the only person that feels really low after a 'final table' finish, and then once starting a similar tourney feels empty when losing early? I don't think I am (lol) but want confirmation. I have only been playing for about 18 months so understand very little with regards to success and then losses. I have lost plenty obviously and wins (cash finishes) seem to be happening relatively regular now.
Maybe 1 in 10. Is this a decent ratio after just over a year?

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have that feeling at all. After a final table I am motivated to play on and I am confident with my play. You have to realize that reaching a final table is quite rare and you won't do that every single tournament. Having a 10% final table finish ratio is quite good, but it doesn't say everything. In November and December I had such final table ratio, but in November I lost money and in December I made good profit.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be tilting if you've been in a leading position or go out to a bad beat but in general we should be happy with a final table finish. I started a thread where I went from chip leader to out in 6th in 7 hands on a ft last night was very tilting

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can unbiasedly analyze your game, and say that you are improving you are doing just fine. Keep in mind how your bankroll fluctuates and play the proper limits.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you go to the final table in 10% of tournaments, then this is a good result for any limit. But if you go to ITM in 10% of tournaments, then this is a minus game. I think passing around 40% of ITM will be a positive game in tournaments.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New member here so I have no idea if I am doing this correctly, but, am I the only person that feels really low after a 'final table' finish, and then once starting a similar tourney feels empty when losing early? I don't think I am (lol) but want confirmation. I have only been playing for about 18 months so understand very little with regards to success and then losses. I have lost plenty obviously and wins (cash finishes) seem to be happening relatively regular now.
I used to have that feeling, too. For example, yesterday I took the 7th place in our Freeroll, although the chips were on the 2nd place. Not lucky little, but I'm happy with the success and do not worry that came out only 7th place. You need to fight negative thoughts and focus on improving your game.

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wella hello noob :p;):D
You see you are playing almost two years so it's not so little.
At this moment you must know yourself perfectly - what is your game Hold'em or something else, you must know where you should play on line or live poker (maybe both), also must know what play - cash or tournaments and etc.
If you have enough money of course you can play every day and sometimes you will seat at the final table but if you see that it's going rarely so you must studing before playing...
And start to play with easy games for example if you are playing tornaments poker so find small one of some freeroll... something like this.
Try to understand that is yours strengths and weaknesses.
I can't tell is it good if you are win one of ten game because maybe this one is a something like SUNDAY MILLION and you are almost millionarie :D:D:D

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree but one remark - no negative at all only positive.
OK he defeated you with weaker cards - sometimes it happen but you must know have I done everything right or made a mistake somewhere?
Try to analize every time until you are 100% sure.
I used to have that feeling, too. For example, yesterday I took the 7th place in our Freeroll, although the chips were on the 2nd place. Not lucky little, but I'm happy with the success and do not worry that came out only 7th place. You need to fight negative thoughts and focus on improving your game.