Born again in the tournament

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes we are doing very poorly in a tournament.
Our plays are bad, nothing works and the chips are running out.
We decided to take a crazy and put our cards several times in all in.
Luck?

We won several hands in a row!

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've got nothing to lose. You're getting felted playing the way you were. At least you have a punchers chance.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, I rarely have this happen, but if I were feeling like I didn't want to play anymore or I was playing poorly this could be a good strategy to use before leaving. Either I bust which is inevitable anyway if I'm playing poor, or might collect enough chips to make the bubble!

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of days ago in one tournament I lost all my stack, there were 175 chips from 3000 initial. I took myself in hand and eventually in an hour I was already in the top on the stack

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a hard time in this time. Do not get the book. So I'm going to go all-in with my cards. And they often take 2 3 consecutive hands. You have to have as little madness.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember a tournament recently that I final tabled after being down to a single BB from and early bad beat.

I have had tournaments where I was low the whole way and I've been in some I was among chip leaders the whole way. Being on top all tourney long is definitely easier feeling.

Tournaments are weird like that, one minute you are champ, next you are chump.

r_iiiichard

r_iiiichard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are phases of the STT or MTT tournament that is inevitable to play push or fold. Rarely will you be the big stack from start to finish, but I do not believe that by winning those push hands is by luck, being a strategy, you need to know the right opportunity to fit it. Not observing this and applying at any moment and winning, then yes it is a stroke of luck. I think this way.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i start to do that when i get card dead and almost blinded out,you have to do something

E

Ehusstle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost all my chips but 20 in a sit and go and came back to win and not only win but single-handedly took out every single player that was probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in my poker career

R

RolloJoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In big tournaments its all about luck.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it has happened to me that strong hands lose and just when I feel that my breath runs out in the tournament I throw a crazy move and come back to life more than once I won the tournament just as I was about to die
:rolleyes:

S

serialy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck?

Is it a team poker game of some sort?

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve found myself in tournaments getting close to the bubble and having no other option but to go all-in, not being able to catch any reasonable cards and soon to be blinded out to making it to the final table love it when that happens.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck?

It's a lot of luck. You won't do that but if that arrive, select a minimum your cards

DeN4iK310882

DeN4iK310882

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck?

Yes, it happens. Recently, I almost lost all the chips at the beginning of the tournament. But then after a series of hands doubled several times. In the end, I played at the final table of this tournament.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened to me too :D

Once just itm i got KK and was pushed down i to 1bb stack to A4s,
Pushed 3 hands in a row and got back up to 20bb, and then back to normal poker.
Ended 4th in that one, so im always fighting no matter what.

Im also not let the blinds eat me up, when im below 25 bb, im gonna reshove alot
and if im down to 8-10bb, im shoving any paint with a connect, any Kx any Ax any pair.
Below 5bb i shoving 90% of all hands :cool:g
Always trying to be in a position where i have above 30-40 bb.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I realize that I can no longer touch my cards whatever the number of hands I play. I fold my hands while waiting for the luck to turn again. If possible, I just aim to pass the bubble.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what happened to me last night.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
This has happened to me a lot, I start badly either because the cards are not on my side or because I make very bad decisions, and then when I've lost a lot of my stack sometimes comes the moment of despair and I make crazy moves with cards that do not connect, or have nothing to do and I manage to recover and as you say several plays in a row I think it's luck and a lot

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say that more like tilted thinking, or lack of thinking.

Me? I'd take that as a sign to take a break from poker.

I've been there

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yeap sounds good for me , if you are so short stacked and you have nothing to lose aggression is the only way.Seems that this tactic worked for some previous posters and a couple of times for me too. :)

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with just putting in the middle if you feel things might not be going your way. put it in the middle preflop that way you do have a chance. If you get it in post flop and and get called you more then likely have a less chance then if you went in preflop.

Good Luck!

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah i got lucky couple of times, from like 100 chips to 4k, 5k or something like that, but imagine winning from like 50 chips, that would be awesome

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest I hate those coin flip cause I think I have very poor luck with it.

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i dont have that chances of double up if i do all ins most of the times i lose and no matter what cards i have, i think im one of the unlucky. So i try to avoid all ins,, but when i get to make all in player who calls have aces ��