BOL SNG are Killing Me

P

PapaDoc13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys. I took a step away from cash games and began to play SNGs to help build the bankroll faster. I know that I'm decent and I have a decent Tight Aggressive Strategy, but I'm getting sucked out on here more than I am at 2NL
Aces don't hold up against 44, KK doesnt hold up against 76s.
It seems like people are literally playing trash, and I'm busting out or losing huge portions of my stacks to whales. I even check the HUD stats and 75% of players are playing at 40+ VPIP compared to my 18-21.

Is there anything I can be doing to help?
I know I'm decent, the results are just screaming otherwise.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How many games are we talking about here. When I played STTs frequently, I had a pretty decent ROI, but there would be spans with a dozen or more tournaments where I didn't cash. There would be other times when I would cash several in a row. You just can't base results on a few tournaments.

P

PapaDoc13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im talking going from winning 3 or 4 in a row and then losing 5 or 6. No switch in strategy.

P

PapaDoc13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But when I bust out it's typically the same thing. Big hand beat by a hand opponents had no business playing with.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But when I bust out it's typically the same thing. Big hand beat by a hand opponents had no business playing with.

Why did they have no business playing it? They have a right to play every hand they are dealt. You, a smarter player, know that it is going to lose them money in the long term; but, they are playing the cards they were dealt as they want to play them. You aren't entitled to win with the best hand. Be grateful that you have people determined to go to war with the worst of it.

You are complaining about variance. We've all had times where our good hands don't hold up and bad hands keep beating us. Just celebrate the fact that you're playing in the right kind of profitable games, and get back on the horse.

E

evno2011

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found the same thing. I've been screwed outta SnG so many times by someone who had nothing in the hole but got "lucky" on the river.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I regularly use small pairs and small suited connectors to try and crack big pockets, so you wouldn't like me either.
You have to put those hands into your opponents range.
A big pocket pair doesn't guarantee you the hand, it ends a showdown.Remember it is a 7 card game with several streets.:)

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your whole problem is that you are in a hurry to build a bankroll, without thinking that there are no factors in cash games to play on any two.