Bluff

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you often bluff in the game, and in which cases is it better not to bluff? What is your opinion?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do I bluff, yes I do. How often really depend on the game and who is in it. There are days I never bluff and others I make several of them. If there is a tight guy who is just folding all the time I will make a few more calculated bluffs. Against guy who is just calling over and over again I wont ever bluff.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live for bluffing. Bluffing makes the game more and more exciting. Sometimes I pick my spots very wrong and then you just have to figure out why I did it and why I shouldn't do it. Sometimes even you got yourself called it can be really good spot to bluff but your opponent just have to few marginal hands which he can call. Often he doesn't have it for his range. Or the good hand range is just so narrow so you have to bluff if that combo is more in your range.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff, but no more than 10% of my handouts.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don’t bluff, you don’t win

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Successful tournament poker is built off finding the right spots for bluffs. For me, I do small, situational / positional bluffs often. This also helps to create a table image that will help to pay you off later.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff or not

I don't know about anyone else but i may bluff if i feel i can take it down.
After suffering through complete rubbish hands for quite a while i may try to extract myself with a bluff.

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use mostly a bluff against tight players

Talalaew

Talalaew

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is one of the successful strategies, like everyone else. I believe that you need to change your strategy throughout the game or session. Bluff, tight, loose - this is how you can achieve greater success.

Dacruz27

Dacruz27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff all the way. It's the most exciting part of the game however you have to chose the right people to do it, like tight players for example as well as the right spot!

H

Hukkataga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Dacruz is right, bluff is the best part

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will have to bluff to win as otherwise you will only be playing your cards and you will not get enough to win. Limit your bluffs in multi-way pots and increase your bluffs (relative to normal) the later in the hand you are. Many will float the flop, fewer float the turn, and fewer call down on the river. That last sentence is dependent on stakes played so keep that in mind.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff, but I use it when I have the chips to do it with, and when I know someone in the hand is playing real tight. Also around ITM time is a good time to bluff people off pots. Truth is that I get caught bluffing a whole lot though.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do not bluff against aggressive fish, she can check you at any time and do not bluff against (the chip leader) as he has the opportunity to test you and do not bluff against short games as they have nothing to lose and they can check your bluff too !!! My opinion is better to bluff against passive players and players with an average stack - who have something to lose !!!

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is also necessary for winning at poker as well as luck. You need to understand what your reputation at the table and what your opponents. Bluffing does not always work. When you are trying to make a good bluff your heart starts beating faster. This is adrenaline. Poker is sometimes strong feelings.

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a very important part of the game

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Outright lies always sound and look stupid, bluffing has to be vague and as inconspicuous as it is noticeable.
I think on tournament tables at least.
When there is a greater enough amount on the line, perhaps a crazy outright lie will win its fair share of the time.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on how my opponent plays, if he plays loose, then I won’t bluff against him. And if my opponent plays tightly, then sometimes I can bluff against him. I use Hold'em Manager2, thanks to the statistics that he shows, it is very easy to understand when and against whom you can bluff, and in which cases it is better not to bluff.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you often bluff in the game, and in which cases is it better not to bluff? What is your opinion?
??? incorrect question, in my opinion! Bluffing is an integral part of the game. The same game tool as math, and courage. Especially on the loot, or against a player with a small stack. Of course, bluffing should be appropriate and timely, and it is unlikely that this can be done all the time. Personally, I love it, and I think I do it very well)))):D:D:D

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffs have to be a part of our arsenal. We just can't abuse that option. The one thing that makes a good player great and bluffs work is patience. Don't play every hand 100% just because they're connected somehow. If the table is super slow and the blinds or calls seem easy to steal, a big bet pre-flop may do the trick. Again, it's something that you have to read on the table.

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not too much only when flop allow me to or player stats or when i miss flop with AK :sheep: