bluff

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those who do not know "bluff" happens when a player has nothing of value in his hands, but manipulates the game in a way that makes it look like he has something at hand. Let's suppose, two players give table, Player 1 has 7 and 8 of different suits in hand and Player 2 has double d 8 in hands, the flop happens and in the table we have AKJ d different suits the player 1 of the check while the player 2 of the mini raise d a blind, although player 1 has nothing in hand he pays the mini raise, we have the turn Q of the game irrelevant, the player one of the check again, while player 2 of the other mini raise this time d 2 blinds, in response to lack of strength to raises of player 2, player 1 decides to raise 6 blinds thus forcing player number 2 to fold in front of a table with a possible straight or doubles larger than he has at hand. This situation demonstrates the blef being applied in a way in which most likely player 2 with pair d 8 in hands would not respond despite having a double d 8 in hands, as the table was extremely risky.My own experiences with the "Blef" are relative sometimes they give very right and sometimes not, detail the "Blef" tends to work more when there is money directly involved in Poker or in case of tournaments when the prize is very close to being achieved, but I must warn the big problem of those who like to give a bleffada is not knowing the time to stop d bleffar, I say from experience, winning a hand for blef gives you a unique sense of mind-control. And how to know the right time to stop d bleffar? this is a little hard to say because if you raise on the flop - raise on the turn, not raising on the river is a clear indication that you clearly either have nothing on hand or were bleaching on the other hand, raise on flop - raising the turn and raising the river disproportionately may signal that you are bluffing and currying precious tournament chips or cash at tables. The great conclusion is, the blef is something sensational to apply when it works as planned but if not applied correctly can bring you unimaginable moments of sadness.

S

sergiu2222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont try to bluff bad players...

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting post... you def can't and shouldn't attempt to bluff "novice" players, will typically end up badly for you... For me, I try to find the most skilled players at the table, because I know they are good enough to lay down strong to medium hands, if they do not connect.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginners won't get bluffed off , they cant be. Not because your bluff wasn't the right amount its because they have no clue on what they hell they are doing. an Ace is the strongest card and if they hold the strongest of cards that flop can literally be anything and they will stroke along. Not Understanding the Value of Hands makes them lethal weapons

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most useful things I've learned at CC:

Never bluff a calling station!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best to bluff is very rare.

S

swanet83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never bluff because most of the time I get caught if I try lol

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
remember one thing: never bluff a calling station!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is a risky art, but mastering it is the key to winning poker more often. Position plays a major role in poker and is decisive for bluffing. Any poker player knows that being at the end is very comfortable because the opponents have delivered before him a maximum of information. Never bluff blindly, but always having in mind a reasoned goal. make this or that player go to bed, or, on the contrary, push him to raise. mediocre or novice players are reluctant to throw their hand and are sometimes able to pay contrary to logic. A pro will be much more analytical. if you do not betray yourself and you have a tight image, he will believe that you have a good game and will throw his cards if the odds are unfavorable to him. The most important thing is to cultivate your credibility and your image at the table. The way you have played so far will directly influence the level of hand from which your opponents will tend to follow you.